Mets are a mess

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Mets are a mess

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This proves that steroids are still being used. I believe the manager and the coaches on every team knows who the steroid users are. Does anybody believe that Cano has not been using steroids all along? They knew it. I’m guessing that somebody fingered Cano because the Mets front office wanted to move him out and save the money. BTW, Cano OPS’d .896 in 2020 while on steroids.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I was listening to MLB radio this morning and they had a guy by the name of Ed Coleman on there. He is with WFAN radio and has covered the Mets for a long time.

He said that Cano will probably never play for the Mets again. The Mets will still owe him $40M for 2022 and 2023 and they will probably just eat it. Their new owner, Steve Cohen, is worth $14 Billion so he should be able to afford it.

Coleman said that they will most likely move McNeil to 2B and have Davis play 3B, and will look for upgrades up the middle. With Cano off of the 2021 books he thinks they will now look to sign TWO of the big three free agents this winter (Realmulto, Springer, and Bauer).

There was no mention of Wong or Molina at all.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Makes a lot of sense if Cohen is aiming higher for his first additions.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Springer would be a good choice to man CF for them. I bet they could put together a package to get Lindor with Nimmo, maybe Davis or one of the SS guys like Gimenez. But none of it will matter much if they can’t find some pitching.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If they end up with a rotation of DeGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Peterson, and Matz that wouldn’t be too bad. Syndergaard should be ready by mid-season.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Waiting a year for Theo?

Participant

Paid - Annual

That could be a possibility. There are probably some teams that will keep a seat open until he decides what he is going to do. I heard on MLB Radio yesterday that he might try to put together a group to buy the Orioles. Who knows?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I could see him wanting to be an owner next. With the Mets, he would just do the same job he has already done twice before.

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years