Mets are a mess

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Mets are a mess

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

Why not get it out of the way. The season is at risk of being almost lost if it’s not up and running by 2nd week of June.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Wait…. what, I just heard that Derek Jeter and J Lo are rumored to be interested in buying the Mets.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

You mean ARod and JLo. Jeter taking away his girl would be real news, though!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

An update.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In the earlier deal that fell through with Steve Cohen, a majority stake in the Mets was to fetch $2.6 billion – without the SNY Network and with allowing the Wilpons to remain in control for five years.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

IF A-Rod/J-Lo (quite the name for a purchasing group) were to buy the Mets, they would likely have the best looking owners in sports. I mean who would you rather have a business lunch with, J-Lo, or Jerry Jones? 🙂

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Such a bad business baseball is that billionaires are lining up to join…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This will be interesting for multiple reasons including the estimates of franchise values that have the Mets and Cards very close.

14NyquisT
    Participant

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898426-bobby-bonillas-career-earnings-future-contract-payments-from-mets

Even the Card’s FO wouldn’t make a deal like this although they’ve been duped several times. I have a great dislike for the Mets but I hope that A-Rod and J-Lo can buy the team. Those two have had good luck with the deals they have made so far.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It could be really entertaining, but MLB has a history of vetoing prospective owners they don’t like. I wonder how the others feel about the two?

14NyquisT
    Participant

They are on the short list. NYC, and especially the press, would welcome them being the winners big time.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The press and fans also love Mark Cuban and he was kept out. The owners don’t seem to want big personalities in their club. I wonder if the peer competition with Jeter is a factor in A-Rod’s interest. Quite a contrast in their images, though. Not that long ago, A-Rod lied to, fought with and embarrassed the game and was suspended for an entire year. While he has generally been rehabilitated in the public eye mostly because he is smooth in front of the camera, I have to wonder if the owners can forgive and forget as easily as many fans seem to have. Either way, it should be fun to watch.

14NyquisT
    Participant

This is 2020…. Its A-ROD and J-LO man. A lot of people get excited about this… maybe the owners not so much.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

We get bonus in-season “mystery bidders” here in 2020!

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1280945788244328448

14NyquisT
    Participant

Jerry and Julia = mystery bidders? Isn’t Julia a big Orioles fan?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Syndergaard IL (TJ)
    Stroman opts out
    Wacha IL (shoulder)

SP1 de Grom (22 IP, .550 ops allowed)
    SP2 Porcello (19 IP, .805 ops “)
    SP3 Peterson (16.2 IP, .759 ” “)
    SP4 Matz (18.2 IP, .996 ” “)
    SP5 Gsellman (3 IP, 1.000 ops allowed)

That rotation is “a mess”

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I read somewhere that final bids are supposedly due 8/31.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

We can talk about the Mets being a mess, but unfortunately right now the Cardinals are pretty much in the same category.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Mets have been this way for years. The Cardinals problems will pass soon enough.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mets rotation takes another hit. Peterson, who is currently the SP2 or 3, to the IL w/shoulder stiffness.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not surprising to me. Cohen was close once before.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years