Matthew Liberatore

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Matthew Liberatore

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    dblack
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Noticed that Matthew Liberatore is not on the Memphis roster. Has that already been addressed and I missed it?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt hinted the other day that Liberatore might be an option for the rotation soon but I haven’t heard anything official.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

. . . we still have the Oviedos and the Woodfords of the world and, you know, Liberatore’s floating down there too.

Shildt’s quote above doesn’t strike me as a great way to refer to your players.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

I agree, E D

dblack
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford is listed back with St Louis.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If liberatore pitches this year at the big league level, our front office and coaches should just all quit right after. What a joke.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With us a long-shot at post season, the smart way to go is keep Matthew on the farm, then assess the rotation next Spring.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Earth to Shildt. Hello? Oviedo, Woodford and Libertore have all been barely keeping their head above water in AAA lately. Woodford just got lit Sunday and so did Oviedo his last start. Libertore got hit around his last three starts. He needs to get a grip. And with the short starts, we just had two in a row go 5.2 IP, the last thing we need is a pen start. The guy is out there somewhere.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Exaggeration alert!

Facts: Liberatore allowed three runs over seven innings in his last start. Seven hits and no walks. His August ERA is 3.97.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, if I was going to use one of the AAA guys for a start it would not be against the Brewers. The last 2 series were against pretty much AAAA teams so that was the opportunity.

Maybe give Carpenter the start. His pitching numbers this year really sparkle.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This team isn’t worth starting Liberatore’s service time clock IMO. Let him finish the year in Memphis and get him ready for mid-2022.

bccran
    Participant

All part of the maturation process. They might be working on their secondary pitches.

bccran
    Participant

If Liberatore has several more starts like the last one, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Cards pencil him in to the 2022 rotation.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What if he has several more like the one before that?

14NyquisT
    Participant

All part of the maturation process. They might be working on their secondary pitches.

That’s what I’ve been thinking all season.

bccran
    Participant

If Libby has several more good starts, he may be ready. If not, he’ll need some time at Memphis. Pretty simple, BB.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree he needs to establish some dominance in AAA first.

I wish the other teams’ guys would do some working on secondary pitches so our MiLB teams could win some games.

dblack
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can anybody tell me where he is if he not listed on the Memphis roster? Taxi squad maybe?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

He is on their roster when I look.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Liberatore is listed as the starter for tonight’s game for Memphis.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think so many our AAA and below players are underperforming because they never really got back in synch after the dysfunctional year of 2020. I’m expecting Liberatore, Zack Thompson, Oviedo, and Rondon to be pushing for a rotation spot next spring.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

ICYMI, tonight Liberatore threw seven innings of one-run ball for Memphis, allowing just three hits and one walk while striking out nine batters. The nine punchouts equal Liberatore’s high this season.

His August ERA is 2.95, but some will try to tell you he is struggling.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Announcers say he topped out at 98 on the gun. That’s the hardest I’ve heard him throw. He seemed to have a lot of confidence in his fastball tonight, which is a great sign of development.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think so many our AAA and below players are underperforming because they never really got back in synch after the dysfunctional year of 2020.

Shouldn’t that be the case with every organization? I think many of our guys have struggled because they have been playing at a level higher than they were ready for due to a lack of organizational depth.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think many of our guys have struggled because they have been playing at a level higher than they were ready for due to a lack of organizational depth.

I think this is some of it. Some of it may be the rust as well. We can also never know what anyone down on the farm is working on. They very well could be working on something specific to the detriment of their overall line.

I think Libby will be fine. Thompson and Oviedo I’m not as sure of, but I think they’ll be MLB pitchers all the same. Rondon could go either way.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years