Kwang-Hyun Kim signed, Adolis Garcia DFAed

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Kwang-Hyun Kim signed, Adolis Garcia DFAed

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

More posts from Yoo’s Twitter timeline. He is a Korean reporter.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is a video. (See bottom.)

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A less positive assessment here.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cheap rotation insurance in case Carlos and Waino can’t cut it?

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Who gets removed from the 40 man roster? Ravelo?

Participant

Free

He may help out of the bullpen. I don’t view him as a starting option against big league hitters. They are shopping in the 75% off discount bin again.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Rosenthal’s source agrees…

Participant

Free

More of Mo’s low-hanging fruit.

Participant

Paid - Annual

With posting fee he won’t be cheap. Not in favor of this.

Participant

Free

Mo will call him our big move and he’ll probably end up like Cecil sadly…or Fowler…or…well there’s to many to count at this point…

Participant

Free

I like the idea, guys. The one thing the Cards have gotten really right in free agency over the past few years is their evaluations of Far East talent.

Over the past two seasons, you know how many MLB starters have thrown as many innings as Lizard King Miles Mikolas, with as low an ERA? Here’s the entire list:

Max Scherzer, Gerrit Cole, Justin Verlander, Jacob DeGrom, Zack Greinke, Aaron Nola, Patrick Corbin, and Trevor Bauer. Since arriving in St. Louis, Mikolas has thrown more innings, and posted a lower ERA, than Strasburg, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Bumgarner, and Hamels. Nice group to be better than.

And for the two years that Final Boss Seunghwan Oh pitched out of the Redbird bullpen, here’s the list of all MLB relievers who posted a lower ERA with as many innings pitched: Brad Brach, Addison Reed, Chris Devenski, Brad Hand, and Hector Neris. That’s it. Five relievers across all of baseball.

Over those same two seasons, here are some bullpenners who threw fewer innings than Final Boss, with a worse ERA: Dellin Betances, Roberto Osuna, Edwin Diaz, Ken Giles, Jeremy Jeffress, and Kelvin Herrera.

————————–

If the Cardinals like Kim, then I like Kim. Only thing I don’t like? He lacks a cool nickname.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like the idea, guys. The one thing the Cards have gotten really right in free agency over the past few years is their evaluations of Far East talent.

I thought about this too, Bob. They usually make good calls on the guys they find in Asia. If they see him as a good investment, I’d guess that he will end up being a useful player for the Cards.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If he can help in whatever role the Cards use him in and doesnt cost a bunch then whats not to like? Jeeze people I am as frustrated about the lack of action by the FO also but I dont see the point in ripping every move the FO is trying to do.The season is still a ways off..so the sky isn`t falling yet.As I stated before I still expect some more signings like a Kohl Stewart,Tommy Milone,Drew Smly types.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Sometimes the deals you don’t make are the best ones. The Cardinals believe in building a team on developing your own talent first.

Participant

Free

Here is the Cards BIG move of the offseason…ugh…..low hanging fruit…

Participant

Paid - Annual

I will withhold judgement until I see what the financial terms are. Since most scouts seem to be pegging him as a a number 3 starter at best and a bullpen option at worst then I would hope we aren’t spending a fortune on this guy. From what I have read he seems to be on par as a Wade Miley type, who just signed a 2 year $15m deal with the Reds.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Coincidentally, when returning to the US, Mikolas got two years, $15.5 million. There was no posting fee involved. Still, I’d be surprised if it takes that much to sign Kim. I guess we will see soon enough…

Participant

Paid - Three Months

I am more interested in the transaction to open the roster. It appears the left-handed starter market moved with Ryu too something (risky, expensive, long), and Keuchel too mediocre.
    I am worried we will force the wrong trade or simply release an asset. I think this is why there is no announced deal.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the deal is for $3-5M a year, it would seem to be a pretty good bargain find for the team. Even if he were to be a reliever he’d still be economical. It’ll be interesting to see what the exact numbers are.

Participant

Free

How are they opening up a 40 man spot?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Goold says the deal is two years, $8 million. So the total outlay would be $9.6 million, including posting fee.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not a huge financial commitment, which is good.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years