Jose Quintana Traded to the Cards

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jose Quintana Traded to the Cards

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nunez is the one I don’t like to lose. I could easily see him as the Pirates DH in a couple years and hitting .280 with 25 HRs.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

He’s Michael Chavis 2.0. Probably more BB than Chavis, but that’s all I see him as. And Chavis was a BOS top 5 prospect at one point. But Nunez is limited defensively and I’ll take Yepez, Burleson, many other capable of playing 1B. I’m never of the opinion you can just stick anyone at 1B, yes it requires less “athleticism” than other positions to play, but still takes very good hands and footwork to play it properly.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

From Jon Heyman:

The Yankees were doing their logical best until a head-scratching last day, when they flirted with big pitching moves (Pablo Lopez) before making the odd call to send reliable starter Jordan Montgomery to St. Louis for Harrison Bader, a center fielder with flash and flair who can fly, but is for now tethered to the bench due to plantar fasciitis.

The Yankees love having a top-tier center fielder, and it doesn’t hurt he’s an outwardly confident kid with a New York background, ensuring no repeat of the Gallo debacle. Of course, that great fielding acumen would mean more if he were actually available to play.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/padres-big-winners-of-mlb-trade-deadline/

14NyquisT
    Participant

The change of scenery may be what Oviedo needed…. (too bad its Pittsburgh). I’ll keep an eye on him for a while, as well as Nunez.

For now the trade a win for the Cards.

Viewing 4 posts - 76 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.