Jack Flaherty

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jack Flaherty

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Free

a bit judgmental on this board? individuals come in all types and saying or comparing them serves no purpose. There is no way you know everything about a public figure to make assumptions either way. Maybe Goldy was doing just for show? who knows and who cares? my bad you guys do care and do know everything. My apologies

bccran
    Participant

ChiTown –
    There have been a number of Cardinals over the years who have given their time and money to various local causes. Waino and Goldy are good examples of present Cardinals who do it.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

lol for the whole world to see! Aren’t we the awesome guys?? lol Do any of you know for a fact that JF doesn’t do any of those things? Or are you making an assumption based on his demeanor and politics? I actually think both Waino and Goldy are great guys and sincere but who knows for sure?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I’m guessing a lot of folks on this board didn’t care for Joe Namath and his unruly mop of hair. I have no problem with Jack giving his opinions on politics as long as it doesn’t interfere with his physical performance. I may not agree with everything he says but he may never have more people listening to him than he does right now so I understand why he wants to make his opinion known. Now if he starts boycotting games or missing practices to be at rallies or something I may change my mind. Hey, at least he didn’t storm the capitol building!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey, at least he didn’t storm the capitol building!

That was the Let’s Go Brandon crowd.

bccran
    Participant

Lou Brock was another one who helped out. As did Mike Matheny.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I thought this was a baseball forum. Talking Cardinal baseball. What happened?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Jack Flaherty Donates Thousands of Books

I guess this doesn’t count.

bccran
    Participant

The Cardinals like to see how a player interacts with his teammates, field management, the front office, the fans, and within the community. So talking about how players give back to the community is very much Baseball talk.

bccran
    Participant

Of course it counts, KC. Why wouldn’t it? Good for Jack.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

While we discuss the merits and demerits of public figures expressing political views, this forum is not the place to throw out our personal thoughts.

Please cool it with the “Let’s Go Brandon” comments, and anything that pertains to a personal view on political thought be it one side or the other. There are a ton of social media forums designed for that.

We welcome Cardinal fans of all persuasions.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here here bicyclemike

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If this side show of a pitcher doesn’t come back and contribute to some wins, then don’t give him millions of dollars to do the same stuff in 2023. Let him walk and let some other organization put up with his antics.

bccran
    Participant

I have no opinion about Jack, but I would suspect that if others had an opinion they would be free to express it. He seems to be a bit of a lightening rod.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Personally I think flaherty should be able to say what he wants to a degree but I don’t think he should be talking about other players whether on our team or other teams unless it’s something that directly involves him.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

He can say what he wants but if he does then those of us who disagree have the right to do so – and as publicly as he did if we so choose.

The smart play is not to ‘politic’ on the job.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

ZTR is spot on. I hope he gets back, puts up good numbers and they ship him Toronto where he will love their politics.

bccran
    Participant

Seems like today is a day to start this weekend that celebrates our nation’s founding. Have we had blemishes as a country? Yes. Do we still have some blemishes? Sure, but we’re still the greatest country on earth. And that’s a lot to be grateful for. Positives far outweigh any negatives.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Sure, but we’re still the greatest country on earth

I wonder if God Almighty feels the same way considering everything that goes on in this country that flies in the face of His Word.

r/Esteemed Rat

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Now religion too. Scary. Have a happy 4th .

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I thought “let’s go Brandon” was Just encouragementment for Donovan. Lol

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wish that ideological virtue signalling had not become allowed and part of baseball, but it has. Practiced by players, managers, and by MLB. Mostly, I think they are just positioning their brand for perceived personal benefit of one kind or another. I also think that younger people, like Jack for example, have not seen how widely public opinion swings over time and so do not consider possible future ramifications. With older people, they have seen those swings, but I guess they figure they won’t be around by the time it swings against them. If he ever gets a statue put up outside a stadium, someday the mob du jour will find a reason to pull it down.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I notice that Flaherty has less than 5 years service time. Does he happen to have an option left?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reminder from the posted forum rules:

“Non-Cardinals baseball topics and posts do not belong in the forum and may be deleted or moved without notice. These include, but are not limited to race, politics and religion.”

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Blingboy, yes on your service time question. .

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years