Jack Flaherty Injured

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jack Flaherty Injured

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Shildt’s comments are concerning. Sounds like Jack will be out way more than ten days. Ugh!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a real gut punch. It sounds like he could be out a month. I am not sure we have enough quality depth to cover. Going to be a big challenge obviously.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sound familiar?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Shoulder or oblíqua? I am confused

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

The shoulder is the most recent injury. Oblique was last year.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I guess the Cardinals should be looking for another SP.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What? Four days into Spring Training and Flaherty is injured too?????

Instead of all those weight and special training regimens why don’t these players just eat more hot dogs and drink more beer? They’d be better off.

r/Esteemed Rat

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

I cringe just waiting to hear the words Tommy John.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if Flaherty still thinks it was smart to refuse to allow the Cardinals to buy out two of his arbitration years.
    As I understand it, Jack wanted to make sure he got the absolute maximum amount of money out of MLB and its fan base. That’s why he turned down the Cardinals’ offer to buy back a couple of his arbitration years. I have to think the Cardinals would have offered him at least $20M.

I’ve said this before and gotten hammered for it, but the fact remains that Jack Flaherty has only been really good for 3 months at the end of the 2019 season. His stats in 2021 were really good, but he only pitched 78 innings and his FIP was 4.22.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Tommy John isn’t shoulder. It is elbow. Shoulders are usually worse.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

BW that’s correct. Speaking from personal experience a shoulder injury and surgery is very difficult to come back from. I had shoulder surgery on my throwing arm in November 2020 and it has been a very slow return to some level of normalcy. Hopefully it isn’t that bad for Jack.

1982 willie
    Participant

What the hell. There is no reason for a player to be injured at this point, especially a pitcher. Do they not find a buddy and work out during off season anymore. If this was carry over from last season, something should have been done after season. Heck i think they need to go back to old baseball. You play you get paid. You don’t play, you don’t get paid. Would be far fewer injuries believe me.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hurt mine freshman year before games even started. Never could play competitively after that. I mashed in a softball beer keg league for a few years though.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

Shoulder? He may never again pitch significant innings for the Cardinals.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I never thought he was right last year or 2020. He was effective but it didn’t look like the ball was going where he wanted it to a lot. He got by because his stuff is good and the other team expected him to be nasty. I’ve been expecting this news since a month into last year.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

I guess we are about to find out if Matthew Liberatore and Zach Thompson are ready or not. The free agent market has thinned and the trade market may be too expensive.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Greinke 1 yr stopgap

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Sean Manea only has one year of control left, so he shouldn’t cost Gorman, Walker, Libby or Herrera. Gives the Cards a year to decide if they want to pay him big after the season. They are going to need a 1 and a 2 next offseason if this continues with Flaherty.

Cueto or Happ as fall back options? I don’t see Grienke coming to STL at this point in his career. I definitely don’t think Thompson or Libby will start in April.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kung Fu Queto is never coming here.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Maybe there’s not much to it but, if he’s hurt again and misses significant time that might be it for him.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

John Fulgham 2.0.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If it is another significant injury, Jack just went from owning a couple of breathtaking homes, complete with butlers and nannys……to just residing in your basic 1.5MM home, where he’s stuck doing the yardwork and the wifey cleaning up after the kids.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.