Hot stove – Winter 2022/23

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Hot stove – Winter 2022/23

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 876 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess the Giants are trying to make up for bailing on the Correra contract.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Remember when Francona came to the mound to pull Bauer and instead of handing him the ball Bauer chunked it into the CF stands?

At that point I was done with Bauer, so the Dodgers got what they paid for.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep he is a punk. I hope no one else signs him.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

2011 NLCS, game #5, 2nd inning…Cardinals score the 3rd run of the inning with Greinke backing up HP on a throw from the OF. In his frustration he spikes the baseball into the ground and it rebounds straight up from the dirt area surrounding HP and smacks him flush in the mug…Haha!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Way back when Bauer broke in with the DBs and then got quickly traded there was talk about what a jerk he was in the club house. His stats are good when he’s on the mound though. The Mets should try for him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Conforto is a good signing. I think he puts up a 130 wRC+ sometime in the next two years.

Rogers…I’m not as sure about. Three years is a good bit for a reliever.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It took Moreno to get him, plus. TOR adds the lefty bat they’ve been targeting.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a big pay. I would definitely take Arizona’s side of the deal. Much like St Louis, if they can find stellar pitching they could be a great team in the next few years.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

If I am a Giants fan I am not real happy….you sign Conforto coming off shoulder surgery to a $36 million 2 year deal and scrap the deal for Correa over some ankle injury from a # of years ago… I realize the length of the deal on Correa and the Money over the life of the deal is a lot different but I don’t think I would be real happy especially as offensively challenged and lack of star players they are.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They also got their hopes up from the Aaron Judge visit, before he remains a NYY.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Yeah forgot about the Judge saga, not a great off season for them.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

Brutal overpay by the Jays for a lifetime .234 hitter. Looks like they didn’t learn from the d’Arnaud deal.

PadsFS
    Participant

shakenbake McBride

Brutal overpay by the Jays for a lifetime .234 hitter. Looks like they didn’t learn from the d’Arnaud deal.

He isn’t a great hitter, but is above-average, hitting 27 HRs last year. He is also one of the best defensive outfielders in baseball and can back up at catcher.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ruh Roh…

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Correa situation is unreal! It will be interesting to see what type of deal he will be able to negotiate. I have to believe the amount of guaranteed money he receives will be significantly less that the announced deal with the Mets.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Priority one for the Cardinals should be to sign Tommy Edman to a long-term contract and avoid arbitration.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Eddie earned a little more than $700K in ’22. I’m sure he’s happy with that and he’ll be satisfied with whatever the Cardinals offer him and will choose to decline the opportunity to participate in the arbitration process…He’s too nice of a guy to argue about petty little things such as money.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Eddie’s agent disagrees.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I forgot to take that little detail into account…Haha! You just wait and see. Those danged agent so and so’s will corrupt little Eddie and tarnish his spotless image.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Incidentally…What would be a fair offer for the Redbirds to propose to Eddie? I’m thinking at least as much as what was extended to DeJong in ’18, but seeing as how he’s the best middle IF’er in the NL, I’m sure his evil agent will demand more…

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Eddie for Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha! Mantle actually played SS in the minor leagues.

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 876 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.