FOX selling regional sports networks to Disney to Sinclair

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum FOX selling regional sports networks to Disney to Sinclair

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

It is literally stunning that in the year 2021 a person can have access to hundreds and hundreds of channels through streaming, satellite, and cable yet can’t watch the mlb team they want to watch. Something is very wrong with that system.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It is very frustrating, but with so many stakeholders, it would be difficult for anyone to manage. Hence when it is out of control, no one has authority to fix it.

If MLB cared about fans not being able to see games, they would have pushed to resolve the archaic blackout rules years ago. I remember Selig once vowing to fix it back in about 2006. We saw how that went. Manfred seems to be ducking it, probably because he understands the complexity.

In the meantime, the game sinks lower in the mud…

Participant

The greed will drive some fans away.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Some day soon, a significant number of fans are going wretch over the greed, and start walking away. If there’s a work stoppage over that greed, it will be the last straw for some.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Yes, that is the situation I am in here in Northwest Arkansas. My cable affiliate carries the Cardinal games on Bally Sports Southwest Plus, however there are some conflicts with the NBA, NHL, Rangers, and Royals. On nights with a conflict I switch over to the Fox Sports Go app I downloaded and watch the game there. Not ideal but it works.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years