FOX selling regional sports networks to Disney to Sinclair

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum FOX selling regional sports networks to Disney to Sinclair

This topic contains 29 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nothing about that article sounds good. MLBTV is already notorious with their punitive blackouts and now Sinclair may squeeze the cable providers. I guess I may have to go old school and see if I can get KMOX six hours away or just listen on Sirius XM.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sinclair sounds like a slimy bunch.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A number of people that I respect have gone to Sinclair, but I know very litte about them. Don’t know much about them but the key will be whether they keep a firm line between sports and politics. ESPN hasn’t done that and are paying a price.

Prices may go up. Apparently Fox didn’t see much future in the sports network or they would not have dumped it. So the challenge will be to keep viewership and too much increase in price will defeat that purpose.

It seems that MLB is getting such a huge price for broadcast rights that it will be hard for any network to make much money off the broadcasts.

Is suspect that some will turn away because Sinclair is somewhat conservative. But politics will never determine what sports broadcasts I watch.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t care what their politics are. I just don’t want to lose the games on TV.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years