DeJong Optioned to AAA

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum DeJong Optioned to AAA

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    858booyah
    Participant

Free

Naturally we could have an injury to Sosa or Donovan or Edman. You could have someone get covid and he would be back.

Also if this were the days of old you’d have the old September call up that would almost certainly bring him back but now that is a pretty short list.

I think he’s done! If he hasn’t figured it out by now he never will. Best guess if a team has an injury he might be shipped out like Fowler did.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

They didn’t give up on Carpenter. They even put him in the 3rd and 4th hole to give those guys rest.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Question is why isn’t Sosa being given the same consistent opportunity Dejong got? Am glad to see the 9 inning double header return.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I think DeJong is done as well. His career has been a steady decline in offensive production, getting worse each year. With that consistent downward trend, it is tough to think that he can suddenly reverse what 5 years of data is showing. Great guy – too bad he can’t hit.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Question is why isn’t Sosa being given the same consistent opportunity Dejong got?

There are about 17 million reasons.

I am becoming concerned that the two guys who popped out of last season’s outfield shuffle may be coming down with PDJ syndrome. All three starting outfields for that matter. All below .300 OBP with pitiful OPS. There is plenty of talent, same as with Dejong. In all three cases some really bad looking ABs.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Speaking of Carp, did he catch on anywhere?

14NyquisT
    Participant

Carpenter is playing AAA at Round Rock (TEX). Avg. =.275 6 HRs in 80 ABs. Not bad. Ya just gotta give him credit for his striving for a comeback and doing it in the minors.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.