DeJong Optioned to AAA

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum DeJong Optioned to AAA

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I posted this in the Trades thread also. It may make sense on paper but I will believe it when I see it.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No way the Cardinals do 8/$216 for a guy who turns 30 at the end of this season.

bccran
    Participant

Winn will arrive sometime in 2024.
    Edman will need to cover it until then, after Gorman is called up.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

No way I deal Gorman for Bogaerts straight up. That will hamstring us with contracts for Bogey, Arenado and Goldy all while in declining production seasons.

Meanwhile Gorman could be tearing it up in Boston. You could say that if we get a ring out of it, it would be worth it. But that is too much risk for me to take on if I am the GM.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We just passed on half the shortstops in the league this winter and now we will dish out over 200mil and trade Gorman to acquire Bogaerts?

STL won’t.
    Laughable.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong will be back up by June 1st. It’s the only scenario I can think of where promoting Robertson ahead of Gorman makes sense.

Let PDJ have some success vs minors pitching and bring him back and see if it carries over vs mlb pitching. Quick turn around so keep Gorman out of it.

There’s also the injury/covid opportunities. He won’t be gone long, if he can hit minors pitching.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree JJ. PDJ will be back before the all star break. The Cardinals certainly aren’t spending $200M on Bogaerts that is for sure.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bogaerts is a below average fielder too, sometimes well below average (-64 DRS in his career). For that reason alone I feel like the Cards would likely pass.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong did not appear in last night’s Memphis game. Giving Spangenburg (.205 BA) the reps was the priority it seems.

Robertson has appeared in two MLB games and PDJ has yet to appear for Memphis.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Just wait PDJ will be back and it’ll be like a trade! LOL

bccran
    Participant

I could easily see Mo working on trading DeJong right now. Not sure he will be back in St. Louis. May have worn out his welcome.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I’m telling ya, it is going to be DeJong going somewhere, maybe Kansas City, for “future considerations.”

Or perhaps cash to help offset the contract commitment.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Sosa has been activated. I bet he’s in the lineup vs the Giants on Friday night, the starting SS.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

DeJong might need a hard reset as in – take an entire 7-10 days completely off.

He seems to be at a point where the harder he tries the worse it gets…

14NyquisT
    Participant

Its hard to believe that the once promising DeJong has fallen so low. If his contract wasn’t so steep he’d be done and done.

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Man DeJong sure seemed like he had it figured out in the spring. Glad he was shipped out and hope it fixes what is wrong.

bccran
    Participant

Edman moves to SS as Donovan covers 2B until Gorman cuts down on his Ks and is called up?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PDJ just doubled home two in the second for Memphis. That’s his first hit in 10 tries there. Maybe it will give him a spark.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PDJ ended up 2-5 with 3 RBI. BA went from .000 to .154

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Difficult to judge without knowing if the opposing pitcher was any good. But progress is progress.

wagee12
    Participant

LOL< i hope DeJug never comes back.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think you may get your wish, Wagee. PDJ is really going to have to do a Roy Hobbs to escape Memphis with a one way ticket to St. Louis in his hand. If I were a betting man, I’d put the odds at about 15% for him ever playing for the Cardinals again.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Maybe the Cards could trade him to the Yankees for a player to be named later and someone from the front office…

14NyquisT
    Participant

I know things are bleak for DeJong right now but I think he’ll be back at Busch.

We’ve had so many young middle infielders who step up for a few months and then fizzle. I hope that that doesn’t happen to Yepez, Sosa or Donovan. Right now Yepez, Donovan and Goldschmidt are carrying this team.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years