David Price Trade Thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum David Price Trade Thread

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

So I’m not sure what happened to my comment but I had posted several tweets from Rosenthal and Heyman about the deal falling through and now its gone.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Here is an interesting possible story line.

New Red Sox GM makes first big trade.
    Red Sox are almost universally ripped for getting so little in return.
    Red Sox owner tells new GM to get more.
    New GM creates/builds up injury concern to squeeze more out of the Twins.
    The Twins give Red Sox the finger.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BHC, if you included more than two links in a single post (or maybe three – I can’t recall the limit off the top of my head), it is not going to get through. Sadly, this was needed to try to slow down spammers, who typically load their posts with links, trying to sell whatever it is they are selling.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Bad day for the traditional media. A reporter formerly of The Athletic and now for hire “confirms” the report that its own original source now refutes. At this rate, he may be looking for work a while longer…

Participant

Free

Thanks for the heads up Brian. I think I had 3-4 links in the post and after I hit submit it vanished.

Heyman was reporting earlier that the Twins hadn’t pulled out yet, but they had set a deadline for something today about completing the deal and they’ve mentioned several of their Top 20 prospects but the Red Sox aren’t interested. The beat writer of the Twins has also said the Twins are pulling out.

Participant

Free

Interesting. Carig and Rosenthal seem to be hinting around the idea the Red Sox got cold feet about the trade.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

It gets even better. Heyman jumps in to defend his fellow sportswriter – apparently without having read the article in question. The author blames it on a bad headline, when the first sentence of his article clearly says that if the trade is completed, it will not include the Twins.

Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Red Sox made a deal, and are now reneging on that deal for a fabricated reason, then the Twins and every other respectable club should stay away from the Red Sox.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Philosophically, it is difficult to argue with Justin Toerner’s point. However, reality is not going to allow that to happen. Even if the Rosenthals and local beat reporters would stop reporting transactions early, the word will get out from people who know people in organizations or with agents or in MLB HQ. There is no way to effectively stop this.

Participant

Free

<Brian wrote: Philosophically, it is difficult to argue with Justin Toerner’s point.>

Gee Brian I think you have the “almost to the season” syndrome huh? Isn’t Toerner one of our rookies? And rookies don’t have points…..LOL

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by AvatarMinuteman3.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I took a wrong Toern there!

Boyer14Boyer14
    Participant

Free

Now way they should go after Price. Enormous contract, and he suffered a wrist injury last year.
    He is going downward, and will soon be 35.

Participant

Free

Alright, it appears the deal is back on at some point.

Dodgers – Red Sox Trade
    Dodgers get: Betts, Price, Cash (roughly half of Price’s contract)
    Red Sox get: Alex Verdugo, Jeter Downs, Connor Wong

Dodgers – Twins Trade
    Dodgers get: Brusdar Graterol and 2020 Competitive Round B Draft Pick
    Twins get: Kenta Maeda, Cash

So it appears it’s no longer a three team trade.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

But not all of the deals worked out…

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Pederson would be a good fit for the Cardinals but the front office has never shown any interest that I know of.

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years