Bud Norris to Cardinals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bud Norris to Cardinals

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kind of a strange coincidence that the Padres have acquired 3 of our players recently for nothing, including a Luis Perdomo twice, once back in the day. You can’t keep everyone. And until the Ozuna trade, to a fault, the Cards were hanging on to all prospects. HOnestly don’t think Wick will make it to the majors, but who knows.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Kind of a strange coincidence that the Padres have acquired 3 of our players recently for nothing, including a Luis Perdomo twice, once back in the day. You can’t keep everyone. And until the Ozuna trade, to a fault, the Cards were hanging on to all prospects. HOnestly don’t think Wick will make it to the majors, but who knows.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Three with the recent Perdomo, Cordoba and now, Wick. The earlier Perdomo (a cousin) doesn’t exactly count as he was taken by the Giants in Rule 5 and San Diego later claimed him off waivers.

Participant

Free

I couldn’t care less about Mayers, Lucas, Valera, or Wick. Miley could really help the roster, like Norris.

These back-end 40-man roster players are easily replaceable production-wise. I honestly don’t understand why people have started to care so much recently. It’s odd.

To put it in perspective, the Yankees lost 4 players to the rule five draft this year.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Some people think the front office gives away valuable players, not fully understanding or accepting what little value the last guys on the roster really have to other organizations. I call it the John Gall syndrome.

They gambled on Cordoba and lost, but understanding he last played at Johnson City, I get why they tried it. They used the spot to protect someone else who it might have hurt even worse to lose. And the jury will still be out for some time as to whether Cordoba will ever amount to anything as a major leaguer.

My take is that until one of these players really bites the Cards, it should be accepted as part of the tradeoffs made every day.

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

They also gambled on Perdomo and lost. So clearly guys who you are 40 or 41 on the roster have value.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sure, some value, but do you think Perdomo would be a starting candidate for the Cardinals? I don’t and they have lots of bullpen options. 5.16 ERA/4.61 FIP over 64 career MLB starts, but still just 25, so worth watching. Nothing to lose sleep over, though.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

Barring injury I have little doubt Wick will be a major leaguer. The question is whether he can become elite or not.

Viewing 8 posts - 101 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years