2019 Arizona Fall League

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2019 Arizona Fall League

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

If we are worried about Montero and our hitters imagine the Reds with top.prospect ( #3 in baseball) Jonathan India batting .034 in more ab’s than Montero. He played at the same level and is older than Montero.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Further, India is the only nationally-ranked prospect on the Desert Dogs. Not surprising that Glendale is last in the AFL in both OPS and ERA, each by a substantial margin.

Participant

Paid - Annual

For all of you Salt River fans like myself, the Rafters clipped Scottsdale this evening by the score of 4-2. Six Salt River hurlers saw action in this game with only one(Vincenzo Aiello) of them being scored upon…..and that one ended up recording both a BS and a W to his 2019 pitching ledger. Hey is it possible to petition to get the official scoring abbreviation for a “Blown Save” changed? Maybe something like “SS” for “Screwed up the Save” would be less offensive….. can’t do that as “SS” is already used for “Short Stop”……possible “FS” for “F***** up Save”…..no that’s worse than “BS”……. “MS” for “Messed up Save”? There we go, I think that one works.

Participant

Free

I think you got it with that last politically correct response Pugs, way to work through it!

What goes through my mind after the Cards have one is “TMFBI”, which would be my choice to replace BS.

Regarding Herrera, if stats/age/level were looked at as an equal to “pedigree” Ivan Herrera would be on most if not all of the top 100 lists, but they aren’t, so we can just be excited about having a fall back incase Knizner doesn’t pan out.

On that note, am I in the minority thinking they still need to have a catcher for 2020 that can sit on the bench while Yadi starts every day and Knizner gets AB’s and gets a few reps at other positions in Memphis? Weiters is obviously ideal, the switch hitting is a major bonus, but I think he had enough success this year that he’ll want more playing time and deserves that.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Monthly

The Cards 4 AFL pitchers have combined for 1 walk and 31K’s in 22 innings.
    Pretty impressive!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

More good pitching performances.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

That may be Roberts’ best outing has a professional.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I need to see Roberts pitch. I was thinking the FO might move Roberts to the pen, but he is finally showing some life. Elledge , Whitley, and possibly Ramirez, along with a projected veteran starting staff, should see Memphis lead the PCL in ERA.

Participant

Paid - Annual

“TMFBI” would be my choice to replace “BS”.

“FFTIEH”! Absolutely hilarious, CardsFanInChiTown!

Participant

Free

Pugs, I’ve got zero guesses on FFTIEH…..

Participant

Free

Is Roel Ramierez a legit prospect? I know less than nothing about him other than the stats I find. K’s seem solid the last couple of years especially out of the pen and the walks need some work just like most prospects. He doesn’t appear to be on the same level as Whitley or Fernandez of course, but even middle inning relievers can be very valuable.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

2019 has not been kind to Montero. While it could just be a blip on the radar I would say 2020 is very important for him. Another performance like this year and he will plummet down the prospect rankings.

Participant

Paid - Annual

For more on Ramirez, here is my story on him from a year ago when the Cardinals acquired him: https://thecardinalnation.com/ramirez-stakes-claim-among-cardinals-relief-prospects/

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

cubbies with only one representative….sweet! Tampa Bay with 5….boy is their pond stocked with some lunkers!

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

The Dogs have 5 wins in 17 games. Elledge, Whitley, RRamirez and IHerrera are seeing some improvement in their game.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years