Affiliate observations

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Affiliate observations

Viewing 17 posts - 1,001 through 1,017 (of 1,017 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

From A.E. Schafer-Viva el Birdos on a Spring training assessment.

Finally, we have a player whose overall spring numbers were okay, but really no better than that. However, in terms of a guy for whom the narrative really took a jump, Dylan Carlson stands out as the player who maybe was mentioned the most by the coaches and broadcasters as making an impression. I’m obviously on board with this notion; I’ve been more or less driving the Dylan Carlson bandwagon since the day he was drafted, and I’m maybe looking forward to seeing if he breaks out this year in a big way more than just about any other minor league storyline. Even so, while Carlson did a very nice job of getting on base in camp — as he pretty much always does — the power still didn’t really show up much, and the buzz around him seemed to be more focused on what the coaching staff and others think is an imminent breakout season, rather than him ripping the cover off the ball this March.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

As I predicted, Ellis has been dfa’d by the Royals. If not claimed or traded he will be a Cardinal in 7 days

14NyquisT
    Participant

If I had to pick two positional players an two pitchers that will make their league’s All-star team:

Memphis= Helsley-P Woodford P Knizner-C Thomas-OF
    Springfield= Kruczynski-P AuWarner-P Montero-3B Carlson-OF
    Palm Beach= Oviedo-P ARondon-P JRodriguez-C Baker-1B
    Peoria= Schlesener-P Tabata- P IHerrera-C Gorman- 3B

14NyquisT
    Participant

Justin Toener had himself a night. (2-2) 2 walks, a double and 2 stolen bases, two runs and RBI and an outfield assist at second. I think we underrated him at #64 (Community). Wileymay have spotted something in Toerner putting him at #34.

Palm Beach beat Jupiter 5-1. JrFernandez, RWilliams and Gregerson all pitched in relief. Only Gregerson got roughed up a bit.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Gorman is tearing up the Midwest League pitching as he leads the league in R-H-RBI-TB-AVR(3rd) Slugging and OPS. Donovan is also in the top 3 in several stats for the 1-4 Chiefs.(0ff=6.2 R/G) The pitching there has been fairly poor.(7.4 R/G)

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Ronnie Williams could be a fast mover up the pitching line if they want him as a reliever.

axinupe81
    Participant

Free

He topped out at 97 less than a year after TJ. Plenty of movement and a downright nasty 2 seamer. Right now he has pitched ever other night…arm is getting stronger each day

14NyquisT
    Participant

Early hot/cold hitters:

HOT
    MEM – SCHROK#19
    SPFD – CARLSON#7
    PB – TOERNER#57
    PEO – GORMAN#2

COLD
    MEM – RAVELO
    SPFD – HURST
    PB – PINDER
    PEO – NOOTBAAR

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’d put Knizner as cold as well. His numbers stink so far.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I thought Urias would be hitting better to start the season.

14NyquisT
    Participant

With due respect, its really too early to project how the season will treat our prospects. The “HOT” players haven’t hurt their chances for breakout seasons with great starts. The “COLDS” have to play catchup. I just trying to get into mid-season form.

I think that Carlson could help out in MEM right now without the fear of pushing him. His peers are noticing him as being mature and ahead of his years. Gorman and Carlson are #1 and #2 prospects in my estimation. And Toerner will move that ladder by rungs, not steps.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Nothing broken here!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

(CC, try making a post or finding the latest post. It’s got the same issue that the Trade Rumors thread had when it broke 1000 posts).

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

(CC, try making a post or finding the latest post. It’s got the same issue that the Trade Rumors thread had when it broke 1000 posts).

What issues? I didn’t have any problems making a post.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When making a post or clicking on the latest post from the main page, it automatically directs you to page one. So it’s not “broken” in the sense that it doesn’t work, but it requires multiple extra clicks and scrolling to navigate. This was an issue in the Trade Rumors thread as well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Accessing this page does not require extra clicks – if you remember to click the latest page number, in this case “41”, next to the thread title on the main page – instead of the timestamp of most recent post on the right. I get that it can be an aggravation to some to have to scroll to the bottom of the page.

However, this is not the reason 14Nyquist said he started another thread. Still not sure what that reason is, but whatever. We now have two general minor league discussion threads. Choose the one you want to post on, I guess.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford’s improvement since the end of last year have me wondering his future. I thought I heard reports of him hitting 96 on the gun this spring. I also thought his biggest improvement needed is, like most young pitchers, is his secondary offerings.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,001 through 1,017 (of 1,017 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.