2023 StL Game #57: Tuesday, May 30 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #57: Tuesday, May 30 vs. Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Donovan has recently been using the opposite field. Dang good sign for him.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

These KC pitchers are darn near impossible to score on. Do they ever give up any runs?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Donovan guns down a runner at the plate. Contreras caught the throw too far up the 1B line (always better to let the ball travel) but was able to spin around and make the tag.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good job Burly

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Runner on 3B, no outs, and still no runs.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards break through and get a run. Arenado doubles in Goldy.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado kept that one fair, Goldy scores!
    K hat-trick for Contreras, who owns a -33 ops+ over the last 7 days. Nothing + about that

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank goodness for Mikolas as the one pitcher we can count on at all.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Mikolas is really sharp tonight. He’s at 102 pitches after 8 shutout innings.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And he gets a well deserved Win.

Jnevel
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Whew! Mikolas almost needed to give us all 9 tonight.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great outing by Mikolas. He has really turned things around. Great to see!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am glad we squeaked this one out but I am still not comfortable with our 9th inning options on the mound. We have some good setup guys but not a closer.

Regardless, the team goes into the mini break off of a victory which is nice. If a team ever needed two days off it is this one.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pick up a game in the standings, but still looking up at everyone in the NLC. The Reds are now the best NLC team in the last 10 games at 6-4. The entire division looks like a log jam composed of warped scraps of lumber.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

After 16 consecutive IP’ed with no runs allowed, Mikolas now has his season ERA down to within 1/100th of a pct. pt. of his career 3.74 ERA.

Jnevel
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s a good thing the Cards made the decision to move Mikolas up into Matz’ spot in the rotation. Otherwise, it’s likely we’d have been swept by the Royals.

I hope 2 days rest does our offense and bullpen well.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Almost has to help the BP, Jnevel, but I don’t know about the bats. I hope it’ll help and even though they’ve been quiet for a few games, the Cardinals are 3rd in the NL in runs scored, so we can’t complain too much about the offense.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The Edman SB where he almost got picked off turns out to be a game winner. Also, he scored on a not-so-deep SF. Speed was the enabling factor in getting that insurance run.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td & jnevel, interesting topic on rest helping or not helping the offense. If you’re slumping, it probably helps to clear the mind.

On the other side, the last couple years I’ve gotten so frustrated at the Cards for resting many of the players too much after clinching a wildcard spot. I’ve read quite a few MLBers say that hitters don’t like a lot of rest like that, i.e., they need to see live, actual pitching to stay sharp. Of course that’s a different context than the 2 days were talking about here.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

When Eddie gets on, Eddie scores.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I agree, Euro, I’m more than reasonably certain that when a guy’s seeing it well, waiting to step back into the box for more action is just as grueling as waiting on his lady to get dolled up for some fun…

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Two days off should allow us to skip a starter or two.

Maybe Matz is bullpenned with Liberatore taking over?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, I was wrong. DeJong and Yepez didn’t go 1-8. What where they, 0-6?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m not sure if Liberatore’s the answer, ZTR, but I don’t see how they could think they can afford to let Matz take a turn for a while. It’s not unlike striking the colors before a game begins. He gives them no chance.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Gorman with his first RBI in quite a few games and not only was it a big one, but it came on the sac-fly to score Edman while facing Chapman which is no easy accomplishment. Aroldis has held LH hitters to a .135 BA. And that’s for his career…

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.