2023 StL Game #56: Monday, May 29 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #56: Monday, May 29 vs. Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    J Mack
    Participant

Free

45,000 in attendance. Bottom of the 8th. This is getting serious.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

PDJ at 240 and dropping like a log

Oliver
    Participant

Free

will they leave VerHagen in to take one for the team?

J Mack
    Participant

Free

The Cards have not even gotten their uniforms dirty.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Verhagen and Helsley, over the side with them. We all love Waino but 5 innings doesn’t work. Sorry.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a disgrace. Embarrassed to see the birds on the bat on those guys.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

What bat?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

credit dylan buel/getty images

credit dylan buell/getty images

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was one of the most uninspiring performances I have seen.

For those of you who didn’t follow the game, smart move. You probably increased your life expectancy.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards won a couple days ago with just 2 hits. Maybe they think that’s the formula?

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Won’t work in 9, Euro. Takes 10 innings to win on 2 hits.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

He’s back with a vengeance…DeJong now 1 for his last 23.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

That was one of the most uninspiring performances I have seen.

Lucky I missed it. NCAA tournament starts this weekend. Most of those guys will play like their pants are on fire.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If I were a Royal’s fan I’d have some serious concerns. How do you only score 7 runs after banging out 16 hits?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td, if you’re gonna win with 2 hits, I think the spacing and the timing of the hits is also crucial.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the heads up, Euro. Those are good. I’ll be tuning in.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep 1td, over the years, the NCAA tournament has grown on me. I never watched it when I was young.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The radio post game show reports that today was supposed to be an off day, then the two game series, then a day off.

They also noted that Cardinal brass lobbied for a Memorial Day home game, and mlb obliged.

With Bill, its all about selling tickets, so he turned 17 in a row into 19, to cash in on the holliday ticket sales.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I just noticed it was our former guy, Mike Mayers, who slammed the door in our face. Makes sense. Didn’t realize he was still active. Has to be his best outing ever at Busch.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I haven’t taken a look in several years now, Euro, but got hooked for a while back in the early 2000’s when what was then the Southwest Missouri State, Bears reached the College WS semifinal. They later changed the name of the school to Missouri State, but I knew 2 kids real well who were on the ’03 team that reached the College WS finals. They got beat by Rice who went on beat Stanford in the final series. Both those kids did real well throughout the tournament. I was real proud of them.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

One of these years, I’d like to go to Omaha to take in part of the CWS.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Speaking of the Memorial Day home game, I was surprised to see a light slate around the Big Leagues. Seems like everyone always played on Memorial Day. Maybe I just don’t rightly recall.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I really wanted to go in ’03, Euro, but I was still situated in the salt mines. About 25 or 30 of us met up and watched several games on ESPN. It was fun.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

My daughter and a friend stopped over and I BBQ,d and we did family chit-chatting in the back yard all afternoon. Thank goodness for that as it caused me to miss what looks to be an embarrassment. We are back to losing opening series’ games again, and it looks like this one was about as humiliating as you can get.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.