2023 StL Game #42: Monday, May 15 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #42: Monday, May 15 vs. Brewers

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

My goodness…The A’s have won 9 games.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’ve wondered about Gorman in the OF too. He and Walker were both 3Bmen as drafted, so looking long-term, which one is better suited for 3B and which one for some other position? Just based on how they look athletically, I’d bet Gorman has better mobility in open space like you need from an OFer. I’ve thought about Matt Holliday and think that would be the floor for Gorman’s potential out there. I don’t like him at middle infield long-term.

The Cards coaches have seen his skills frequently in practice and training and maybe they don’t think it’s a good idea. Or maybe it’s something they’ll try in the future.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It almost reacts like one of those Super Balls

Lol on the super ball. I’ll never forget a buddy of mine in 4th grade went to his first MLB game to see the Braves. He was telling me all about it and said the outfield fence wasn’t nearly as far out as he imagined. He told me he bet we could hit a super ball over it!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’ll bet he could have, Euro. Didn’t take too much to put a charge into one of those things. My little brother once heaved one against the side of a concrete foundation wall at close range and the thing richocheted back and smacked his friend right in the coconut as he was passing by on his bike about 10 ft. away. No crash helmets in those days…Haha!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One simple question is can Gorman even play LF? We have already seen this year that weakening your OF defense in search of offense is a disaster for the pitching staff.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’d guess that he could, gscottar, but right now I’m entirely satisfied with him placed at DH so long as he’s in there for every game. I mentioned yesterday that, in my view, it’s inconceivable to platoon a player that leads his entire league in RBI’s and SLG %.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah he has probably earned the chance to see what he can do against lefties.

I remember back in the 80’s when Whitey only used Van Slyke as a platoon player. He gets traded to the Pirates and became a very good everyday player.

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.