2023 StL Game #27: Friday, April 28 at Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #27: Friday, April 28 at Dodgers

• This topic has 86 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by ZTR.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I hope our esteemed Rat’s vision is on the mark for Nado in tonight’s game. He got off to a nice start this season, but I saw that he’s now 5 for 40 with 1 RBI in his last 10 games. Obviously if the Redbirds are to hit stride and vault themselves back into the mix in the NLC, both he and Goldy are going to have to be the primary offensive combination needed to make up some ground. I’m more than confident that he’ll break through and take out his hitting frustrations on someone, so it’d be nice to start with the Dodgers.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I just now noticed that in 17 AB’s, DeJong has K’d only 1 time. Doppelganger?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Eventually the Cards have to win a game 1, right? May as well be tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Taking a gander at the out of town scoreboard update.

Miami wins over the Cubs 3-2 with a run in the last of the 9th at Joe Robbie Stadium. Our old nemesis Jean Claude Van Segura with the game winning hit.

The Angels and Milwaukee are 1-1 in the 6th at County Stadium tonight. Front Row Amy is in attendance, in fine form.

Reds getting ready to start at Oakland.

Cards getting ready for 1st pitch at the LA Coliseum versus the Dodgers.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The Los Angeles Coliseum – that was quite a unique “ball park”. Not built for baseball, the Dodgers configured it with a high screen in left field.

Dodger Stadium remains a great venue. Still has a similar look as it did from the start. Saw quite a few games there in my young adult days when I spent a couple years out there in the mid-‘70s.

Hated the deal we did trading Reggie Smith to the them. I watched him hit lasers everywhere after that and wondered what the heck management was thinking? Sounds a bit like my thoughts today.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

New Lineup

Nootbaar RF
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Gorman DH
    Arenado 3B
    Contreras C
    Burleson LF
    DeJong SS
    Donovan 2B
    Carlson CF

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I tried the link on Brian’s post for the radio broadcast and it was working fine then cut off with a message saying “due to league restrictions I’m not in an area where the game is available” and cut the feed.

I’m in Nashville.

Seriously?

Eff these dumba**es.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see the birds get on the board early! Plate two in the top of one. A good start!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just read the reason for Carlson replacing O’Neill in the lineup tonight is TBA. Hmmm.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Wish I could watch.

And Carlson raked May in the minors, hope it gets his confidence back and going.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And here come the Dodgers … rough start for Flaherty … Dodgers tie game at 2. Betts a lead off home run and Heyward singled to right to tie the game.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wish I could watch.

There is a “try it free” option with AppleTV, a 7-day trial. You can cancel and won’t be charged the 6 or 7 dollars per month. I’m not gonna bother with that though and just listen to the KMOX audio, but it wouldn’t be much effort if you really want to watch.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I tried on my fire stick. Says I must on an apple device, which I purposely don’t own .

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

That’s too bad ZTR. Wrong end of Tennessee, I guess, but it almost seems like you ought to be able to pick it up out of the air in Nashville. I can recall when the conditions were right being able to pick up KMOX while traveling in the car or truck all the way down around the TX/OK border after sundown. That was years ago, so maybe the signal isn’t as powerful now. In any event, it’s petty that they cut your feed.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Reds out in front of Oakland 5-1 in the 3rd.

Milwaukee wins over Anaheim 2-1 at County Stadium.

Miami over Chicago 3-2 at Joe Robbie Stadium.

Cards and Dodgers 2-2 after one inning.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

May retires the Cards in order … a quick inning. May at 35 pitches.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Flaherty retirees the Dodgers in order, striking out two. He is at 43 pitches thru two innings.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think I am the only one loving this appletv broadcast. This is the first game I’ve gotten to watch live all year!

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am in the same boat Mrperkins.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nootbaar with 2 really good lengthy at bats to lead off innings. Love him in leadoff vs righties

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m happy that someone’s hit the jackpot, Mrperkins! First game to watch all year? Well, a new broom sweeps clean, so the Redbirds ought to win tonight…Haha!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I tried on my fire stick. Says I must on an apple device, which I purposely don’t own .

Okay, I remember the apple game last year I watched on my Samsung because it has the apple tv app. Watching on a PC browser is another option.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chance for a big inning here as May has walked Noot and Goldy … two on, no out.

So much for that! May strikes out Gorman, Heyward makes a nice catch in right to retire Arenado and Contreras hits into a force play. Ugh!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1964, looks like on the pitch illustrator Gorman and Arenado helped May out going out of the zone after he had walked Noot. Does May’s stuff look hard to read or were Gorman and Arenado a little anxious?

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Two lead off walks in top of the third and Cards can’t advance the runner from 2nd. I hope it’s not going to be one of those nights, but it’s shaping up to be.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.