2022 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Tuesday, July 26 at Blue Jays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Tuesday, July 26 at Blue Jays

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6. Berrios starts the inning with 84 pitches.

Albert on 3-2 walks on a low Berrios delivery.

Donovan grounds it out to Espinal who briefly losses the handle on the ball but quickly grabs it and underhands it to Bichette at 2nd for the out.

Gorman strikes out swinging on a ball in the dirt.

Dickerson smokes a liner into center for a hit and Donovan will breeze around 2nd and take up residence at 3rd base………and that base hit will signal the end to Barrios’ evening.

Pitching change: Mayza now pitching.

Nooty grounds out to Espinal at 2nd to retire the side.

Cards 3
    Jays 3

* I agree JJ…….get back here where you belong KsCardFan!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Carlson in center, I really haven’t missed Bader’s golden glove out there….. he’s filled in admirably……so much so that I can now clearly envision a Bader trade.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks is really fooling nobody here this inning.

And now a base hit puts the Jays on top 4-3.

Hicks exits with the bases juiced with 2 outs

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fernandez comes in and Springer rudely greets him with a granny ….8-3 Jays.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7. David Phelps on in relief for Toronto.

Knizner lines out to Hernandez in right.

Edman lifts a long fly ball to right….. Hernandez back to the track and he’ll have right at the base of the wall for the out.

Carlson grounds it down to Biggio Jr. at 1st base and he’ll wave off his pitcher Phelps and quickly scoot on over to the bag to retire the side.

Jays 8
    Cards 3

Lee
    Participant

Do you think Hicks will claim a injury to explain his line tonight..?
    1.2 ings. 3h. 4r. 2bb. 0ks

Lee
    Participant

Jr. ouch not s good night, probably should go to aaa and work on his command. No, that is just for Woodford.
    Big joke Marmol.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kirk leads off the Toronto 7th with a homer to right off Fernandez and this one is turning into a laugher……if you’re a Bluejay fan…..if you’re a Cardinal fan you’re not in the best of moods at the moment. I think the proof is in the pudding….. above average teams kick sand in our face, as we are the 98 lb. weaklings in those matchups.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed…..Hicks was miserable tonight, Lee….. Fernandez too.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

May as well chalk these two games up as losses. Little offense, no pitching. Hicks once again proves he cannot be counted on to throw the ball over the plate. Until he learns to throw strikes he’s another Rosenthal, an accident waiting to happen.

I am going to get me a chicken salad sandwich, some Grippo’s bar-b-q potato chips, a Mt. Dew, and a couple of yeast donuts for my late night snack whilst I watch Soto and the Nats play the Dodgers at Chavez Ravine.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now those sound like tasty treats, Rat. Don’t forget to share with WhiteyHerDog…… especially the chicken. Toronto with another RBI hit making it 10-3 and Fernandez is rightfully getting yanked……and in trots another yankable reliever in the person of T. J. McFarland.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6 runs or more allowed again. This is getting very, very common. It’s the last 3 out of 4, right?

At what point do you fire the pitching coach? He is usually the fall guy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Max Castillo on for Toronto. We need to hit these guys for 5 runs here to have a realistic shot at clipping these Jays in the 9th.

O’Neill grounds out to Chapman at 3rd…..on a very close play at 1st base.

Albert pops out to the SS Bichette in short left field and we are running out of outs in this ballgame.

Donovan walks.

Gorman strikes out swinging on a low and away fast ball.

Jays 10
    Cards 3

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I have only seen parts of this game but it looks like the home plate ump has a VERY inconsistent strike zone. It’s tough for any pitcher to pitch when the edges of the zone can be a guessing game as to a strike or a ball. That said, our pitchers have not done a very good job tonight.

Perfect example of the strike zone is the first pitch to O’Neill by Castillo in the top of the 8th. Fernandez doesn’t get a strike on a pitch that hits the edge of the box. Castillo’s pitch was several inches outside the box and it’s called a strike.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great observation, Forschster.

Is there enough magic in this Canadian night for us to score 7 or 8 runs in the 9th? Stranger things have happened.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarland sets the Jays down in order in the bottom of the 8th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Jeremy Beasley on for Toronto.

Dickerson raps a slow roller out towards short and he’ll easily beat Bichette’s throw to 1st for a leadoff infield single. Now how about a bunch of walks and a bunch of hits to make this interesting.

Nooty walks.

Knizner fouls out to the 1st baseman Biggio Jr.

Edman on 3-2 walks and that will load the bases up to the gills with just one out.

Carlson strikes out swinging on a changeup.

O’Neill cranks a long one to right!…..Springer races back to the wall and he’ll catch it on the track to end this ballgame.

Your frustrating final:

Toronto Bluejays 10
    St. Louis Cardinals 3

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Either its early and we’re working on stuff or we aren’t used to the frozen tundra of the great white north.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This deadline feels like it will result in a middling starter like Keller, and perhaps a flier relief arm. Still, despite a career year from Goldy and Arenado having a good year, with 3 of the top 4 guys by WAR in the NL…the team isn’t going anywhere. Serious upgrades are needed, and not just in the pitching department.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Pretty rough restart after the all-star break.

Starting to feel like it will take another long winning streak like last season to sneak into the playoffs as its win the Division or go home…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ve seen enough of Knizner. He’s as close to an automatic out as I’ve seen in quite some time. His line drive out to right field last night is about as good as it gets for him. With Knizner in the lineup, it’s as if it’s the good ole’ days with no DH, as he definitely hits like a pitcher. He’s killing us right now. He is not the future. And at this stage of the season, I don’t want to see Yadi back. If we don’t trade for Contreras, just bring the kid(Herrera) up and hope for the best.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Add catcher to the list of needs for this team. Amazing none of the backups for YM are worth a damn.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I’d like to see Herrera get a shot for the rest of the year to show whether he can cut it or not. If not, then the Cards would need to get someone during the offseason to be the starting catcher next year and beyond.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I think that Knizner is an ok catcher.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Is “ok” good enough to be an everyday starter? Might be as the reserve.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.