2022 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Tuesday, July 26 at Blue Jays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Tuesday, July 26 at Blue Jays

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Donovan has more experience at 1B than Gorman fwiw

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

I really am starting to question the overall organization’s will to win a World Series ring. It’s no secret that Dewitt can really squeeze a nickel, then you have the baseball ops wasting money year over year on non-factor players they keep signing with a restricted budget and leaving the team at least 1 possibly 2 starting pitchers short, you have numerous players injured with strains and muscle pulls etc. seemingly every year (one wonders if this is because they are to tight-fisted to pay for a real training staff) and I am not so sure this draw 3 million fans and just get into the wildcard mentality they seem to have hasn’t permeated to the players, because I have seen nothing from this team this year that they could beat a team with a pulse.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great post, GG! Besides the injuries and inability to defeat the quality teams…..which is now starting to evolve in their difficulties playing poor teams as well, I think this team lacks spunk. And when a baseball team is deficient in competitive spirit, you have to turn your attention to the man perched on the top step of the dugout.

blingboy
    Participant

And when a baseball team is deficient in competitive spirit, you have to turn your attention to the man perched on the top step of the dugout.

Marmol is doing what is expected so he has a job next year.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I tend to look at the man sitting in the executive suite who builds the roster.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Barrios (R) going for Jay’s. As of now at least.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I am a distance runner, I had severe plantar fasciitis in my left foot and the podiatrist gave me a shot of cortisone and it worked. I was running full strength a week after.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Bader may have more of a fashion problem. I suspect he feels compelled to wear footwear to compliment his apparel rather than prevent injury. Shoe choice indoors on hard floors and out in the world are at the root of this injury…always.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols had plantar fasciitis problems for years didn’t he?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Yes.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I had plantar fascitis for a few years. After my years of playing sports. A podiatrist, a very good looking gal I may add, had me get custom orthotics to wear. Took some getting used to but I wore them for 15 years up until I retired. Took about 2 years to heal the problem. Was very painful at it’s worse. I’m sure he has top folks looking at it, though not as good looking, it may cost him the rest of this season though.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Taking a gander at the Monday out-of-town scoreboard……

Colorado leading Milwaukee 1-0 in the 4th at County Stadium.

Cincinnati pounding Miami 11-2 in the 5th at Riverfront Stadium.

Detroit pounding San Diego 11-4 in the 6th at Tiger Stadium.

Pirates and Cubs tied 2-2 in the 5th at Wrigley.

Atlanta leading Philadelphia 4-3 in the 6th at Connie Mack Stadium. Castellanos has two hits for the Phillies.

Have to stay tuned on the Rockies/Brewers game to see how it progresses.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Rox beat MKE 2-0.

ZTR
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So, we should lose both of these games which means we will probably sweep…

blingboy
    Participant

Whenever we roll Pallante out I don’t know what to think. In 2019 he pitched in College, got drafted, and pitched in short season ball. Sat out 2020, then in 2021 he skipped A ball and started all year in AA. Then he skips AAA and is in MLB this year as pen guy/spot starter. He has a rather high WHIP and eyebrow raising 1.8 SO/BB, ringing up only 6 batters per 9 IP. He didn’t do horrible at AA nor here in MLB this year. But he also never turned in the kind of results that lead to a level skipping promotion, much less two of them. I admire his ability to do a decent job with what has been asked of him, but what in the world is going on?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah he’s a funny bird, Bling. Neil Andre “Bobcat” Pallante has no idea what a demotion is. The man is a survivor. And he’s pretty fair at getting in and out of jams too. Neil has a lot of moxie for a 23 year old. I have wondered what he would do if he were to get a demotion? Would he dominate at the lower level or would he just do what he’s pretty much always done….. distinguish himself positively, but not light the world on fire. As Bling pointed out, we do have a very unusual player on our hands. Neil is probably just going to be Neil……no matter what the competition.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I watched the Nationals/Dodgers game last night from Dodger Stadium. The Dodger announcers were gushing over Soto. Not totally sure why but it is what it is.

Anyway, Soto went 2-4. Slow roller to 1st, strikeout, bounced one over Freeman’s head into the corner for a triple, singled to center, walked.

Wiindjammer
    Participant

Free

The idea of vaccines being mandatory in Canada is incorrect. You are not forced in any way to have a vaccine in Canada. Canada has the same rules as the USA. If there were any unvaccinated Blue Jays, they would NOT be allowed to enter the USA. Exactly the same. Get informed.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Oviedo’s problem is solved.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The idea of vaccines being mandatory in Canada is incorrect. You are not forced in any way to have a vaccine in Canada. Canada has the same rules as the USA. If there were any unvaccinated Blue Jays, they would NOT be allowed to enter the USA. Exactly the same. Get informed.

Current Canadian border rules don’t allow unvaccinated foreign visitors to enter the country without special exemptions. A special status for unvaccinated athletes, which allowed them to cross the border in 2021, expired in January, the newspaper reported.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Folks, this is a baseball forum. The situation with the Cardinals in Toronto is well understood. The three unvaccinated players are not going to be able to play there. Any debates on the general subject of vaccination are not appropriate here. This thread is about tonight’s game so let’s get back on topic. Thanks.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Wow. Was nothing debating about it. Was just showing the reason why. My apologies if it offended you. Delete it and me if you would like.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nothing personal. Please understand a brand new poster joined the site today and both of his/her posts were intended to educate on vaccination rules.

Those who have been around here awhile know that we’ve had some posters politicize these kinds of discussions which leads to discord and threads being shut down. That didn’t happen yet here – and the best way to ensure it doesn’t is to provide a reminder.

Everyone is welcome here to discuss Cardinals baseball.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

For me this series will be interesting. We will see how well we play missing both the key pieces to our offense. The big money and power guys. Will the younger set show up? I suppose O’Niel and Bader(if he plays) could be considered the established guys now. Edman should be his old reliable self. A lot of press has been given to the vaccine stuff. I like things peaceful but the medias always looking for a story. Just want to see us play some good baseball myself.
    Din-din will be some Taco Tuesday. Gotta lay off the hot sauce. Hope Pallante does ok.
    Gotta get our 5 runs to win.
    Go Cardinals!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years