2022 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Tuesday, July 26 at Blue Jays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 98 thread – Tuesday, July 26 at Blue Jays

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Cards667
    Participant

Free

1.Edman SS (S)
    2. Carlson CF (S)
    3. O’Neill LF (R)
    4. Pujols 1B (R)
    5. Donovan 3B (L)
    6. Gorman 2B (L)
    7. Dickerson DH (L)
    8. Nootbaar RF (L)
    9. Knizner C (R)

I understand the necessity of playing Pujols in this situation vs. A RHP, but don’t like it and don’t like him 4th or the group of LH hitters all together.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

How nice of the Cardinals to use their spring training lineup tonight.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Meanwhile, at least one person on the roster went through every hoop in order to make sure he could play this series:

FOr those who didn’t know, Oviedo’s passport, which is Cuban, was expired and he could not fly with the team to Toronto. Had to go through a lot of red tape to get himself eligible for this series.

1982 willie
    Participant

To be honest, I’m not sure what to expect. Like some have said, plenty of times in the past we have won games you would otherwise think we would lose and vice versa. Losing two out of three vs reds wasn’t good.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope Neil Pallante does ok.

Oh he’ll do just fine, Wooster. Pallante is the prototypical gamer. Due to our two stars being sidelined, the odds of victory look long……but this is just the sort of game that’ll bring out the best in a guy like a Neil Pallante. I’m calling this one 5-3 Birds…..I better make that “Redbirds” since we’re playing the Jays. What’s for din-din you may ask? Just finished it and it kind of sucked raspberries. It was some sort of noodle, carrot, cheese and celery dish that had kind of a raspy taste to it. The Hawaiian din-din rolls were delightful though.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I feel your pain about din din Pugs. I had unidentifiable concoction wrapped in a tortilla. My wife just said “well, I guess we won’t have that again”.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Lot of birds flapping around out there tonight, blue and red. I developed a soft spot for those Jays when I worked in Toronto during their glory years of the early 90s, taking a coupla world series from the Braves. But it’s great to see the Cardinals whack one out to take an early lead with a Dylan Carlsen HR.

Rah Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That lead lasted less than 5 minutes.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, that was a short-lived lead.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I don’t think this game is going to be worth the loss of sleep. Guess I’ll watch one more Cardinals AB then hit the feathers.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

iF WE hAD sOTo we’D ScoRe moRe!

Go get some starting pitching!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pallante with nearly 60 pitches thru 2 innings…. what’s with that??? Jays lead 3-1 heading to the 3rd.

Yeah Bling, our lovely wives owe us a dandy din-din tomorrow night after tonight’s din-din debacles.

Stick around Cardinal In France, as this one may be an exciting one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know what it is about Berrios, but I really see the ball well the second it leaves his hand ……it kind of resembles a very large softball. Our boys should be able to nail this guy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Something has to be done about Knizner’s bat….or lack thereof. I honestly would rather have Dal Maxvill up at the plate instead of Knizner.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Nooty walk and an Edman base hit with one out has St. Louis thinking positively here in inning #3. Let’s briefly stay with matters shall we?

Carlson lines a base hit to center and Nooty will scamper on home with St. Louis’ second run on the young evening…… Edman holding at 2nd.

O’Neill goes deep sea fishing wayyy outside and low for strike 3. Tyler couldn’t have made contact with that pitch with a 6 foot long bat.

Albert blisters a base hit to right!…..and here comes Tommy….. he’ll score with Carlson motoring safely into 3rd and this game is tied at 3.

Donovan strikes out swinging.

Cards 3
    Jays 3

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Expect Pallante to settle down now. He smells blood in the water. I love our chances for victory tonight even though we’re presently tied.

I wonder what kind of reception Albert is going to get for our last trip into Wrigley this year?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Neil sets the Jays down 1-2-3 in a very quick bottom of the 3rd inning.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards get a Nooty base hit and that’s it in the 4th…… Knizner whiffs again to end the inning. Game tied at 3.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know I’m beginning to sound like a very severely broken record, but once again, Neil Pallante sets them down 1-2-3. Sweet

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5. Berrios starts this inning with 70 pitches under his belt and suddenly he’s not that far behind Pallante in that department…..Neil with 78 heaves thru 4 frames.

Edman rips a base hit to right to get things cooking here in the Cardinal 5th.

Carlson on 3-2 strikes out swinging, the 6th K for Berrios.

O’Neill blisters a shot….that the 2nd baseman Espinal leaps towards the heavens to snatch out of thin air and his throw to 1st base will double up Tommy E. to retire the side…..ouch that hurt …..just one inch higher and we have runners on the corners with only one out instead of jogging out to our defensive positions.

Cards 3
    Jays 3

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow…… Pallante out and Hicks in. I would have thought Neil had another fine inning left in him……oh well.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

When a young pitcher like Pallante struggles you wonder how he will handle the adversity. He didn’t wilt. Also no free passes given. He competed in the strike zone.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This Vladimir Guerrero Jr. reminds me a lot of ex-Dodger/Cardinal Pedro(Pete) Guerrero……minus the corn rolls in his hair….a lot of pop in that bat.

Hicks sets them down 1-2-3 and I can’t remember the last Jay base runner in this game……keep it up gentlemen!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He sure did, JJ. He’s a keeper.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Jump back in ks, the game thread needs ya. The longer you’re out, the easier it gets to stay out. I hope that’s not the case.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years