2022 Cardinals MLB Game 88 thread – Sunday, July 10 vs. Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 88 thread – Sunday, July 10 vs. Phillies

Viewing 17 posts - 76 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gorman grounds out to his counterpart at 2nd base to retire the side, but our Birds have most definitely gained the upper hand as we mozzy along to the 9th in a 4-3 Cardinal ballgame.

1982 willie
    Participant

Marmol made the right call there with Carlson punch running though it’s generally an easy by the book decision.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nootbaar doing the Michael Jordan thing making the play in right.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s Helsley time in the 9th.

Vierling flies out to Nooty in right field.

Gregorius (ph’ing for Munoz) flies out to Carlson in short center field.

Schwarber flies out to Carlson in Right-center to end this ballgame and this series.

Your happy final score:

St.Louis Cardinals 4
    Philadelphia Phillies 3

1982 willie
    Participant

That’s a winner

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

These video replays have changed the game so much. For the better.

I remember slo-mo replay coming along in the 60s/70s and announcers talking about how it showed how accurate the umps were. I agreed at that time, the umps did seem to get a lot of the bang-bang plays right. Now it seems they miss more. If so, have the umps gotten worse, or is the game just faster now where they are bound to miss more? Or is the video much better, with more camera angles, which adds up to exposing umpires’ mistakes more?

J Mack
    Participant

Free

I’d have to give Albert Game MVP.. He’s not quite done yet.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice win. Do it again tomorrow. Albert had a good game even though he blew the big chance.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Whew – 4 runs wins it! Albert a big part of it. Really cool. What were the odds that at the All Star break, Pujols would have more home runs than O’Neill?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols raises his average to .215. Heck that is better than half of the lineup. Better than Dickerson, Noot, Sosa, or Romine/Knizner.

TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Finally that’s a winner.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And on a good note…..Vogelbach just hit a 3-run homer with two outs in the top of the 9th at Milwaukee and the Pirates now lead the Brewers 8-4.

We might be able to pick up a game today.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs? Today’s game does not end the series. Philadelphia is still in St. Louis for another game tomorrow night.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey TexasCard.

I think human eyesight may have diminished a bit over the last 60 years, Euro. Maybe if we had just stuck with eyeglasses instead of contacts and laser procedures……just a hunch.

Thanks for the correction, Rat. Been out of town and still haven’t gotten into the full swing of things. Not often where you see a weekend series spill over into Monday when a makeup game doesn’t come into play. It’s great news as far as I’m concerned……we should gain a split in this series.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And the Pirates hold on to beat the Brewers at County Stadium today by the score of 8-6. 2.5 games back now.

Just think how the Brewers must feel. They can’t gain any ground during this stretch. They had the Pirates and Cubs for ten games and we’ve had the Phillies and Braves, then the Phillies again, and then the Dodgers.

And I must clarify – the Monday game is apparently an afternoon game, not a night game.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

That homer had to feel good for the portly Vogelbach against his former club. Felt good for us as well to gain a game on the division leaders.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Ratsbuddy wrote:

And I must clarify – the Monday game is apparently an afternoon game, not a night game.

My mistake again. It apparently is another night game. Hope I don’t screw up anybody’s schedule tomorrow.

Viewing 17 posts - 76 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.