2022 Cardinals MLB Game 88 thread – Sunday, July 10 vs. Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 88 thread – Sunday, July 10 vs. Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A Gorman grounder ties this baby up at 3. Now let’s seize the lead! How would Robin Williams say that in “Dead Poets Society” ? Carpe deleado maybe?

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Horrible AB by Yepez – why would you swing at a ball 8 inches off the plate like that?? With a runner on third and one out, you look for something to drive. Terrible!!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Here is NA the sure thing with RISP

1982 willie
    Participant

Yepez just stands there and gets tagged out at home. That’s just not good baseball, make him have to make a throw, never know. Edman on third. He would be sent packing if it was my decision. I’m sure marmol is fine with it. Sat bader cause he didn’t run hard on a regular fly ball but I’m sure this was fine.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi vs Romaine in the 100 yard dash. Who wins? I think it’s a toss up, but the running time would be measured in minutes and not seconds.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yepez is a free swinger, he swings at that stuff all the time. Some pitchers have just as much trouble throwing balls as they do strikes sometimes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dickerson can earn his money right here and now with runners on the corners with 2 out in a tie ballgame.

Arenado steals 2nd.

Dickerson on 3-2 flies out routinely to Vierling in center field.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

And now Dickerson swings at ball 4 with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Dang Dickerson. There is no way he was going to get a strike there. He swings at ball four and hits a shallow fly out. Who is coaching these guys?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Who is coaching these guys?

Evidently a guy, who if you disagree with him, Mo will fire you pronto.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks on for St. Louis in the 8th. And he blows away Realmuto on a 101 mph heater to lead off the inning. Babe Bohm grounds out to Tommy E. at short. Stott flies out to Nooty in short center field for the third out.

Cards 3
    Phillies 3

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, Hicks looked really good there. Efficient and effective. Best I have seen him throw in quite awhile.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Nice game for Albert. Hit it well the first time too, just at at-em ball.

wagee12
    Participant

LOL, who were the guys on here dissing Albert a few days back?? Step up and have a plate of crow.

1982 willie
    Participant

Edmonds spot on with his assessments. Maybe he should be our hitting coach. Im not sure I agree with taking Albert out but I understand in a tie game late.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sir Anthony Dominguez pitching for Philly here in the 8th. Albert on 3-2 blisters a base hit to left …..and off a righty! 3 hits for Big Al today….. Carlson will pinch run for him.

Nooty pops out to Babe Bohm just outside the chalk about 10 feet in back of 3rd base.

Sosa smokes a base hit to center with Carlson stopping at 2nd base……and the Birds are/should be in business now.

Goldy walks on 4 straight and with one out the bases are now beautifully blooming with Birds.

Edman flies out to Vierling in short center and here comes Carlson digging for paydirt…..out! Ouch that stung…..oh goodie, we have a review coming. SAFE is the final verdict! Cards seize the lead.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Goldy on to pinch hit. Would love to see Sosa get a shot at being the full time shortstop. I think he will be a good player, but sense he will be dealt, maybe along with Burleson, for pitching at the trade deadline.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

LOL

1982 willie
    Participant

He was easily safe, should be overturned.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This one will get overturned. Real good slide by Carlson. Pujols would have been out by 10’.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It looked questionable in real time, but Carlson’s slide was brilliant.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

These video replays have changed the game so much. For the better.

1982 willie
    Participant

We might as well break it open.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After fighting back to take the lead, this one feels like one we’ve *got* to hang onto. Let’s close it out!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Helsley on? The way Hicks cruised through the 8th I might bring him back in the 9th. But I am sure Ollie will go with RH. Can’t fault the decision.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.