2022 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Friday, June 17 at Red Sox

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Friday, June 17 at Red Sox

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

In Waino’s last start vs Cincinnati, he registered 0 strike outs in 7 innings. He already has 5 K’s tonight with 2 outs in the 3rd. Duran heads on down to 1st base compliments of a Waino free pass and then Devers lines out to O’Neill in left field to retire the side. 1-1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4. Wacha starts this inning with 46 pitches.

Goldy grounds out to Story…. Trevor’s second dandy defensive play of this game

Arenado lines a shot off the left field wall….but in this park it’s only a single as Verdugo in left has plenty of experience with those kind of plays…. thinking if that would have been a homer in St. Louis??

Gorman lines a rocket but it’s right at the 1st baseman Cordero and he’ll merely take a couple steps and touch 1st base to easily double off Arenado to retire the side.

Cards 1
    Red Sox 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sorry gang! Had to field an unexpected call from my Mommy, whom hails from Colorado Springs. Cards have Carlson and Bader at 1st & 2nd with 2 outs in the 5th inning with Boston on top 3-1.

Edman on 3-2 grounds out to Bogaerts at 2nd base.

Red Sox 3
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5. Waino at 67 pitches as we commence this inning.

Bradley Jr. lines one…..that Edman leaps high and snatches it out of thin air for the out…..that one was definitely ticketed for center field until Mr. Edman decided to invalidate it….very nice play.

Duran hits a soft liner in back of short that Edman easily saunters on out to grab.

Devers rips a base hit to right.

Devers swipes 2nd base

Martinez grounds out to retire the side.

Red Sox 3
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6. Wacha at 75 pitches as we start the proceedings here in the 6th.

Donovan strikes out swinging, Wacha’s 5th K.

Goldy pokes a base hit to right that Bradley Jr. races on over near the line to,.. briefly drop, but not far enough for any advancement farther than 1st base.

Arenado walks on 4 straight unstraight ones.

And Wacha is getting yanked. Michael can win this game, but cannot lose it, even though he bears responsibility for the two Cardinal base runners.

Pitching change:

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

John Schreiber the new Sox pitcher.

Gorman lines it to center….that Duran will run down out near the track. Nolan hit it hard, but once again has nothing to show for his efforts.

O’Neill…..need a big hit here! Strikes out swinging…..ouch…..have to cash in on these opportunities.

Red Sox 3
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 6. Waino at 81 pitches as we start the inning.

Bogaerts lines a shot off the wall in left, but like Arenado’s earlier in this game, he’ll only have a single to show for it. Tyler O’Neill played that carom off the wall like he was born in Boston.

Verdugo grounds it down to Goldy at 1st and he’ll fire it to Edman at 2nd for one and the return throw to 1st will make it two…..sweet double play.

Story lines out to Carlson in right.

Red Sox 3
    Cards 1

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, maybe the bottom of the order can get something going in the 7th. It would be a shame to waste Waino’s good performance.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7. Schreiber still manning the mound for Boston.

Carlson 0-2…..then on 3-2 Dylan coaxes the walk……time to get em, gentlemen!

Bader…..Boston fans doing The Wave…..gotta be kidding me as that was so yesterday….. rekindles memories of James Earl Jones doing The Wave in “Field of Dreams”…..oh no…. Harrison raps into the 5-6-3 twin killing and ouch that stung…… we’ve had our chances tonight.

Pitching change:. Matt Strahm(no relation to Hank) pitching for Boston.

Knizner hits a lazy infield popup to Story to retire the side.

Red Sox 3
    Cards 1

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Been hitting into a lot of dp tonight. Run and hit. Nothingelse happening.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 7. Waino at 88 pitches as we begin the inning.

Cordero hits it high and deep to left and it clanks off the wall and then skips on by O’Neill, but Tyler quickly chases it down to hold Cordero to two.

Vazquez hits a high chopper over the leaping Waino, but fortunately right to Donovan who gloves it and throws Vazquez out at 1st base….and Cordero will mozzy on over to 3rd while the action was taking place over on the other side of the diamond……and that will do it for Waino.

Pitching change:

T.J. McFarland your new Redbird hurler.

Bradley Jr. grounds it thru the vacant hole at short and out into center for a hit and in prances Cordero with run #4 for Boston. And that instigates a meeting at the mound for the Cards.

Duran blasts a long one to center…that will eclipse Harrison Bader at hit high off the wall and Duran has himself a double with Bradley Jr stopping at 3rd base.

Devers grounds it past Arenado at 3rd and into left field….in comes Bradley Jr with Duran Duran not far behind and this one is getting out of hand and maybe even out of reach as it’s now 6-1 Boston.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarland doing what he does. Feel bad for Waino. I’ve been under the weather with covid so going to turn in early again. Didn’t get too sick thankfully.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The bottom of this pen is terrible.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitching change:

Wittgren on for the Cards.

Martinez strikes out swinging.

Bogaerts on 3-2 grounds it to Arenado at 3rd base who muffs it then retrieves it and fires a hard strike to Goldy at 1st base, but Bogaerts will beat the throw. E-5……no, the official scorer who’s last name just may be “Bogaerts”, gives him a hit.

Verdugo whiffs

Boston 6
    St. Louis 1

*Take care of yourself Bling! We need you back at full strength quickly big guy!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Strahm still pitching for Boston.

Edman skies it to deep right center field where Bradley Jr drifts back to the track and rather nonchalantly hauls it on in…… let’s see him play it that way with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th in a tie game during the 7th game of the world series.

Donovan walks.

Goldy flies out to Verdugo in left.

Arenado pops out to the 1st baseman Cordero about halfway to home plate and about 2 feet into foul territory to retire the side.

Red Sox 6
    Cards 1

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee downs Cincinnati 5-4 at Crosley Field tonight. Reds almost rallied in the 9th. Votto pinch-hit with two outs and two on against Boxberger. On a 2-2 pitch he flied out to deep rightcenter.

5-4 Brewers your unhappy final. Redbirds will only be one game out after tonight.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this point, I’d release McFarland, and add Thomas from Memphis.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 8. Wittgren still on for St. Louis

Story strikes out looking on one smack dab right on down Broadway.

Cordero….Yankees throttling Toronto 10-3 tonight and that squad is downright dominant…. Cordero grounds it down to Goldy about 10 feet in back of the bag and Goldy will hand motion to his pitcher that he’ll handle matters all by himself and he successfully does for the out.

Vazquez lines out to Carlson in right.

Red Sox 6
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Austin Davis the new Red Sox hurler. We can get 5 or 6 can’t we?

Pez flies out to Bradley Jr in shallow center field.

O’Neill grounds out to Story.

Carlson cracks a double to left center.

Bader drills it on a line and it’s in for extras and it’ll go to the wall in center …..in comes Carlson and Harrison will have himself a standup triple….6-2 Sox.

Knizner is hit on the left foot and that one couldn’t hurt a mouse…..if I’m hit by a ML pitch, I want it just like this one. And Davis is getting yanked.

Houck pitching for Boston

Edman drills it down the line in left!…. Bader scores with Knizner stopping at 3rd and just like that it’s 6-3 on the Edman double.

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 6
    St. Louis Cardinals 2

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I was close. I called it 7-2 BoSox. Need a win tomorrow as we are now just one game ahead of Milwaukee. They have the Reds two more and we got the Red Sox two more. We might be tied going into that four game series starting Monday night at County Stadium in Milwaukee.

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

??? I’m seeing 6-5. Let’s go Goldy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

**** Ignore the 6-2 final score on my previous post.

Donovan doubles in Knizner and Edman and it’s 6-5! Donovan just barely beat the throw into 2nd base and the Cards are within a single of tying this baby up.

Goldy on 3-2 strikes out looking.

Real Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 6
    St. Louis Cardinals 5

Amazing…..first 2 batters go down meekly in the 9th and then they come storming back with 4 runs. And the Birds had just the guy you’d want at the plate to either tie it or go ahead, but it just didn’t happen this time. But our boys showed a lot of spunk. They should come back to take these next two games.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Goldy looking breaking ball. Bummer.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Close but not quite a cigar! Looked like the twam finally woke up after the 8th inning.Wonder what the stats are for wins after an off day? Hope they carry some energy over to tomorrow. Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Upon further review, my previous comments are confirmed. And Pugs is now relegated to bullpen duties and the new PBP will be…..who wants to step up? I cannot do it because my computer is back in a bedroom and my TV is in the living room.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.