2022 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Friday, June 17 at Red Sox

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Friday, June 17 at Red Sox

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (5-4, 2.84) vs. RHP Michael Wacha (4-1, 2.33)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We owe the Red Sox. They inflicted some pain on us in the 2004 and 2013 World Series. Our 1967 triumph was a long time ago. Hopefully we can take down our old friend Wacha.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

On Thursday’s off day in Boston, Albert is taking the boys to watch Game 6 of the NBA finals in style.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On this off-day, the Brewers lead the Mets 4-1 in the 5th. Check that, it is now a 4-4 game in the 5th. If the Brewers win we are one game in front. If they lose we are two games in front.

Poor Cubs, losers of 10 in a row. They now face Atlanta, winners of 14 games in a row. The Braves may very well tie our 17 game winning streak from last year.

Tonight me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch watching the Angels and Mariners late game from Seattle. We witnessed Anderson’s near no-hitter last night with the Dodgers, losing it to Ohtani with one out in the 9th.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We nailed Boston in the 1946 world series too, so we’re even with them in championship play, Scotty. St. Louis has been far the more accomplished franchise between the two storied ball clubs.
    These Red Sox are presently one hot ball club. I burnt the midnight oil well into the wee hours of darkness last evening, studying these two teams and I came away quite shocked. Before conducting my in depth work, I figured this series in Boston would be a literal toss up. But our Cardinals match up extremely well vs these Red Sox. So well that I have no doubt whatsoever that St. Louis will win this series…..and you can take that to the bank ……after placing a call to your favorite bookie first of course.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really hope Herrera gets some run time while Yadi is out. I don’t think he can be worse than Knizner has been.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Mets downed Milwaukee last night 5-4. We are currently two games ahead of the Brewers. Milwaukee now goes to Cincinnati for a three game weekend series. Would be nice if the Reds could take the series. I’d settle for one win.

Me and Whitey Herdog were on the couch last night with our cigars and we witnessed Mike Trout clobber two homeruns at Seattle. And Ohtani was sharp on the mound. 4-1 Angels was the final.

Din-din today will either be a trip to the other Amish restaurant out on the lake or a center cut rib chop in the air fryer. Along with baked beans and a Mt. Dew. Not sure about dessert yet. Might be a couple of Klondike bars.

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Waino and Wacha. This should be a special night.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We should take them, KsCardFan. I’m thinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-3 with Arenado finding the green monster’s upper reaches to his liking. As stated earlier, the high probability of how series is going to shake out can be explained in elementary words…..our hitters like what the vast majority of their arms serve up and their hitters are going to struggle vs the types of Cardinal pitchers that they are going to face. St. Louis wins this series with relative ease 2-1. If hardy objections do not abound, I’ll be riding high in the PBP saddle this evening. Anyone?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You might think the Cardinals would have waited to put molina on the injury list and let him get his start in with waino. To be honest, I figure yadi has had sore knees for a few years now, kind of goes with position. I doubt rest is going to change that.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Maybe for Yadi it’s just a way to get him through the season and his knees are really bad…putting him on the injured lists a few times during the season, reducing the wear and tear and such…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Herrera hasn’t yet made it to Boston, fwiw.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Who is our emergency catcher tonight? And, unfortunately, I look for the Red Sox to pound Wainwright in this one. I am going to call this a 7-2 Boston win tonight.

And the Cubs ended the Braves 14 game winning streak today. They beat the Braves 1-0. An 8th inning sac fly by Morel was the only run of the game. That ends the Cubs 10 game losing streak as well. Phooey is what I say.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Austin Romine signs minors deal with STL — MLBTR

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think romine isn’t any better than what we have already. Not sure he’s better than Sanchez.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1.
    6’6 Michael Wacha toeing the Boston rubber tonight. Michael was born in Iowa City, Iowa and at 3 years of age moved to Texarkana, Texas, where he went on to attend Texas A & M. He has a birthday coming up on July 1st…. it’ll be his 31st. Back in…..looks like Wacha is getting ready to throw this game’s first pitch and I’m predicting we’re going to have a grand combined total of 238 pitches in tonight’s game.

Edman strikes out looking on a low fast ball.

Donovan taps a slow roller to the right of the mound where Wacha jogs a few strides to glove and he’ll successfully execute the short toss on over to Cordero at 1st base for the out.

Goldy on 3-2 strikes out swinging.

Cards 0
    Red Sox 0

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Center cut 88 mph triple

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I think Romine signing is that a claim for Sanchez has been put in and they are losing the depth. Pages is already in AAA and Coulter is the only other depth at catcher at AAA.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A leadoff Duran triple and a Devers HBP with no outs has Boston thinking possible big things in the 1st inning.

But Martinez raps into a 4-6-3 twin killing (run scores) and a K takes care of Boston’s big offensive aspirations…..1-0 Sox

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Arenado….thar she blows!…..hit wayyy back to left field and long gone for a homer….tie ballgame.

Gorman on 3-2 swings and misses for strike 3 on a Wacha low one.

O’Neill grounds it routinely down to Devers at 3rd….gloves it and throws Tyler out at 1st base .

Carlson pops out to Devers at 3rd base.

Cards 1
    Red Sox 1

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Should have been a double for Duran. Cost us a run. But Nolan got it back fast.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Red Sox unable to put one single ball into play in the 2nd inning. Waino has now whiffed the last 4 batters he’s faced.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Heck of a play by storey, took a hit from bader

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3. Wacha at 32 pitches as we start this inning.

Bader grounds it up the middle where the 2nd baseman Story dives for and gloves the ball and he’ll gun his throw to 1st base to just nip the speedy Bader….nice play

Knizner grounds out to Bogaerts at short.

Edman drills a base hit to center field.

Donovan strikes out swinging, Wacha’s 4th K.

Cards 1
    Red Sox 1

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years