2022 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Friday, June 17 at Red Sox

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Friday, June 17 at Red Sox

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I love goldy but 3 and 2, you got to be swinging, not looking for a certain pitch. Didn’t see it just going by what said

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah, Brian just may bench me after giving the wrong final score, Rat. But I think I’m safe for one simple but important matter ……my huge multi-year PBP deal affords me the luxury of screwing up from time to time……matter of fact with my 4-year 3-figure deal, I could cuss like a drunk sailor for 5 consecutive innings and yet still cock my head towards the heavens and crow like a rooster.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I’m not gonna lay this on Goldy. Gotta say this loss is on mo. mcfarland just did what he has done all year for the most part. 7.01 era. That stat should be a fairly important stat. Apparently not to mo. Came in and got no one out. Gave up 3 hits – 2 runs. Again the bottom end of this bullpen is terrible. Pugs I thought I had hit pause somehow and didn’t remember it. Then Tommy hit his double. You did a few a favor. Keep up the good work.

And marmol thinks he did a pretty good job.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Another huge deficit to overcome and the boys nearly did it.

Significant pitching acquisitions needed.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks KsCardFan. Even Wade Boggs swung and missed every now and then…….maybe not the time to use a Red Sox great as an example. But I’ll learn from my incorrect score error….. I’ll be a better more attentive PBP chap as a result. Concerning the game, we are better than these guys and our boys will prove it on Saturday and then again on Sunday.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarlane just has been horrible this season. No reason not to move him. Anybody we get, couldn’t be worse. It’s one loss though and we did fight back so let’s go get em tomorrow.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not sure what the Cardinals are waiting on to release McFarland. Does his ERA have to get over 10?

Too bad the bats waited until the 9th to come alive.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well watched the game after the fact since I wasn’t able to watch it live or most of it. I have to apologize a little to McFarlane. The first hit is on the coaches. Putting your shortstop on the first base side of second is just silly, I don’t care about the stats. The ball was inside and the batter intentionally hit it that way. Good for him but bad on our coaches and front office. The second one was on McFarlane though it wasn’t hit hard, just high bouncer over third baseman head. McFarlane doesnt have strikeout stuff so it is what it is. I still think we can do better than him. I still don’t like goldy for taking a fastball down the middle, meaning he sold out for a offspeed pitch. I just don’t agree with that late in the game with two outs. Maybe didn’t matter anyway and maybe that’s how goldy has gotten a lot of his hits. I just know he’s came up late in games a few times in key moments and has watched the ball go by too many times. Pitch guessing is fine but I don’t agree with doing it late and or in key moments. Just my thoughts. Goldy has been great for us but I would say the same no matter who the player was so I’m not going to give him a pass.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The analytics wonks probably told Goldy to be looking for a certain pitch there. Its all their fault. What we need is for The Crew to get back to losing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not sure what the Cardinals are waiting on to release McFarland. Does his ERA have to get over 10?

Indeed, I thought he would have been released last week, shortly after forgetting how many outs there were and allowing a run to score in that Wednesday night game in Tampa, Scotty. After pitching so poorly all season, one would have thought that such a huge mental screw up such as that would have sealed his fate. Believe it or not, last night was one of McFarland’s better performances on the year. His stats line won’t garner him any praise, but those hits against him were not hit hard at all. Bad things just seem to happen when McFarland is pitching. Something needs to be done about that.

bccran
    Participant

Did anyone see the video of Waino when Ollie removed him for McFarland? It appears like he said to Ollie “that’s a bad move”.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t see that. Seems interesting if so.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For McFarland to have such staying power, as in remaining on the team, he must have one heck of an engaging personality. If that’s the case, Mo should take away his glove and make McFarland their new bench coach, which should greatly increase his WAR.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I remember last year thinking McF was a good find for the pen. Then this year it all turned to poo poo. Funny how things work in baseball.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

He had a rebound year last year CIF – sometimes you just don’t get what you pay for I guess. He can do better he just don’t.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

McFarlane did a good job last year. This year he just hasn’t been as sharp and it has shown. Now could he turn it around, yea. But you don’t always have time to give these guys that time. If we had no expectations of competing for the division, then yea no problem. But we do. Situations dictate sometimes you have to make changes. Now those changes may not work out but you have to try.

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.