2022 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G1 DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G1 DH)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Libby with 79 pitches thru 5 frames in a 3-0 St. Louis ballgame. I think he’s good for one more inning.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Loved that bases loaded run down play. And was just waiting to see how Pugs was going to describe it!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! I wouldn’t totally touch that haphazard play with a ten foot pole, Wooster…… though I could do it. Well it’s a little bit before 9pm in Cardinal In France’s neck of the woods right now and still no din-din report out of him. He must of had McDonald’s tonight…… what’s the name of the Big Mac in French? Saw it in Pulp Fiction but can’t recall the name…..Le grande Mac or something like that.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Great outing for Liberatore. Verhagen can turn this game around in a hurry. Short leash please.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think VerHagen could be a decent middle inning reliever but he definitely should not be used in high leverage situations if possible. We need more bullpen options.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ver Hagen looked good today abs dis well last night too. Maybe he just needed more innings?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Pirate shortstop is having major problems today.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Verhagen did look better last night. Need to blow this game open here with the top of the lineup, save the bullpen studs.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He sure is, Scotty. That’s 3 throwing errors today for the SS Castillo. But in his defense, Goldy would have saved him on two of those errant throws if he were the Pittsburgh 1st baseman.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster is going to love that …. Donovan coaxes an 8 pitch free pass. Bases juiced for Gorman with one out here in the Redbird 6th…. let’s stay with matters should we? Beede pitching for Pittsburgh.

Gorman on 3-2 is caught looking on a dandy pitch.

Goldy grounds out to short where Castillo accurately underhand feeds his 2nd baseman for the out…..maybe that’s what Castillo needs to do with his throws today to keep them on target…. underhand them……though that would be a tough way to go to get a guy like Bader out at 1st base on a grounder.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We let the Pirates off the hook there. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Ya gotta feel sorry for poor Brubaker. He just ain’t gettin’ no help.

I’m afraid all I can offer up on the din-din front is CiF’s famous tuna salad on a toasted bun, potato chips and some Classic Coca Cola to wash it down. Not very French I’m afraid.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Put Frenches mustard on it CIF ! Not good bases loaded with 2 out and nary a run.! Need to shake it up!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chang deposits a Cabby change-up into the center field seats , cutting the Cardinal advantage to 3-1.

A Cardinal twin killing and the Bucs get just the one 7th inning tally.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An Albert HBP is all of the offense the Birds can muster in their half of the 7th. Still 3-1 St. Louis.

Mustard on tuna? No way, Wooster!

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Can’t pitch Genesis Cabrera on back-to-back days. His whole career says so, and especially this year. But let’s just look at his career splits, as a reliever:

4 days rest: .508 OPS allowed
    3 days rest: .564
    2 days rest: .555
    1 days rest: .579
    0 days rest: .835

Again, Marmol ignores this information. Over and over, he ignores everything that occurred, for every player and pitcher, before he took over as a major league manager. Since nothing ever happened in baseball before Ollie took his managerial seat in the dugout, why should he give it any weight? I do not like this guy. Could you tell?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

No French’s mustard Pugs, but I did use Dijon mayonnaise in the mix.

We can’t let this one get away from us. Rah Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great info Bobby! Hopefully one day Ollie will earn your respect…..and I think he will. The more I see of Cabby the more I believe the man is a born starter.

Great tuna addition, CIF. No dessert tonight?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh one of our worst fears….. hopefully Helsley is ok.
    Oh goodie, he’s staying in there….whew! I saw my Cardinals season flash quickly before my eyes for a minute there.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Anyone care to guess who gets DFAd tomorrow when Flaherty returns? Witgren? McFarland? Fernandez? Unless someone is moving to 60 day DL? Hicks?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wittgren would be my uneducated guess, Cardinals27. But McFarland would be my preference.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Thanks, Pugs. It’s amazing how easy it is to get these numbers. Right there in the public domain.

Any coach or manager who is anti-information and anti-meritocracy is unlikely to ever get anything but scorn from me, I’m afraid. Marmol is bad news. Bad as a leader, worse as a tactician. Grade D.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Witgren gets my vote.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley does what Helsley does best, as he keeps Pittsburgh off the scoreboard in the 8th. I was thinking he’d be only pitching the 9th in this one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha, Castillo was flirting with his fourth throwing error of the game on the Yadi ground ball, but Vogelbach was able to successfully dig it out of the dirt. And now Sosa with an infield single. Then moves to 2nd on a Beede misguided offering.

Gorman is due for a long one.
    He strikes out swinging and we venture on to the 9th leading 3-1.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.