2022 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G1 DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G1 DH)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:15 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (4-4, 2.93) or LHP Matthew Liberatore vs. RHP JT Brubaker (0-6, 4.60) or TBA
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

A day game on Tuesday. I hope people come prepared. It’s supposed to be about 95 in St. Louis on Tuesday. That heatwave is about to rear it’s ugly head this week.

r/Esteemed Rat

bccran
    Participant

Temperature now forecast to hit 101 today.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If I were mlb, I would cancel the day game, and reschedule it. Especially for the fans.

bccran
    Participant

Maybe give the fans who don’t want to roast a “heat check”? So they can use it for a later game.

bccran
    Participant

Here’s a hard to believe stat. The Cards rank #5 in MLB in runs scored.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

A few years back I sat in the first row of the upper deck in RF, close to the RF foul pole. It was a July, Sunday afternoon game, and it was by far the most hot I’d ever been in my life. The heat doesn’t bother me and the 110 heat index that day, sitting out there in the sun, was HOT. I’ve sat through some hot games, July 2010 was another scorcher, but that day in the upper deck was like nothing I’d sat through before. I can’t imagine a huge crowd for a Tuesday, noon start time vs Pittsburgh. They should definitely allow whoever is there to move wherever they want today and get out of some of the heat to make their day enjoyable.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m surprised Yadi is catching the 101 degree day game, but I’d guess they want him catching the prized prospect Libby which you can’t argue with.

Pujols vs a RHP, can’t say I’m a huge fan of that. I’d guess a very hot Tuesday afternoon game with very few tickets sold is the reasoning behind it.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I guess the FO wants to allow Pujols to set the record….. and get that over with. 1st game of a DH with the Pirates at home…. good time for ap to play 1st.

Maybe Molina will catch half the game and then go to the mound to finish up.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

If I were sitting on that concrete today I’d be wearing a big hat and some loose fitting clothes. Had plenty of that in my lifetime.
    Line up looks pretty good to me. Albert can still do some sac stuff and gets rh hits once in a while. Is Dickerson hurt?
    Too early for din-dins?
    Go Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Donovan day off?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Oh Donivan leads off Edman out 1st game

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Do any of you statistics munchers out there know if Goldy ever swings at the first pitch? Just seems like he quite often eating first pitch strikes.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Too early for din-dins?

Never too early for a good quality din-din, Wooster. I’ve got rare prime rib, baby red potatoes, asparagus spears and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies on tap for din-din later on today. Albert with a solid 1 out single here in the 2nd inning in a scoreless affair.

And now Yadi with a 2 out single. I wonder how many times those two have accrued hits in the same inning? I’m guessing maybe about 275.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m anxious to see Libby face an LA Dodger squad or an upstart Philadelphia team, on the road. Working in difficult and hostile conditions will only further his maturation process. Yeah, it may be a little over his head at this time, but facing the Pirates and cubbies every time out will only put him in kind of a holding pattern.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy a 2 run center field tater to put the Cards on top 2-0 here in the 3rd frame. Donovan had reached 1st base with a single to right.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Donovan looks like hes been a big leaguer for years. Lucky us!
    I’ve seen Goldy hit first pitch when its a fastball center-center. Like all great hitters its really what hes looking for. Just now Goldy Dinger!
    Haven’t seen your din-din yet CIF. We’re having Taco Tuesday! Made beef and noodles and salad last night!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Donovan has been good to this point. I’d like to see Burleson next. Love to see the youth infusion
    when they get sluggish.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed Wooster, Donovan is here to stay. KsCardFan…..yes, wonder if we’ll see Burleson this year? Your TT (Taco Tuesday) night is always a winner. If you’re a player, would you rather play in real cold conditions or real hot like today? For me it’s a no-brainer……give me the heat. But as far as living goes, I’m partial to the cooler weather.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy continues his determined pursuit for NL MVP. With him, Donovan, Edman, and a few others I am really starting to like the look of this lineup. It could be dangerous. With Jack coming back to join Waino, Mikolas, and Hudson the rotation is starting to take shape. If we could just find a couple of more bullpen options for Ollie this team could make some noise.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Yadi’s speed forces an infield throwing error out of Castillo……and mere moments later, Castillo airmails Sosa’s grounder and subsequent throw over the 1st baseman’s head….. only one out. Hit it on the ground to Castillo!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow did Gorman tattoo that pitch, but unfortunately it drifted about a foot foul down the right field line.

Balk or no balk? Better call it for what it was….a balk. And the umps get it right. Shelton doesn’t like it, but he’s a baseball man….. certainly he knows it was a balk. And he’s on the precipice of getting ejected.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Is it me or is Danny Mac going a little overboard on anything hit to the outfield.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards get themselves into an intentional run-down situation on a grounder and they score. 3-0 Good Guys heading to the 5th. 6-4-2-5-4-2 on the putout.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.