2022 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G1 DH)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 63 thread – Tuesday, June 14 vs. Bucs (G1 DH)

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

I’m gonna be a snob here. (So what else is new?)

If we define a “high-quality game” as any win over a good opponent, or a win by 3+ runs over a bad opponent, then the Cards haven’t played a single “high-quality game” since the 14-5 shellacking they laid on the cubs almost two weeks ago. Let’s get some insurance runs, guys, and make this a high-quality game!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Perhaps Castillo has caught a case of the yips.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Giovanny Gallegos is the main man in the 9th. This team needs a blowout…..maybe we’ll get it in Game 2 here today.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Perhaps Castillo has caught a case of the yips?

He just may have, Cardinal In France. You can’t think of the “yips” without thinking of Steve Sax. Devastating news for Steve this week, as his son John Sax was killed in that Air force Osprey crash in southern California earlier this week. I think John was 33 years old.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

That’s A Winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now go get a 2nd one.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good to get that win. As Pugs alluded to we need to score mucho runs in Game 2 since our Big 3 relievers may not be available. Or maybe Mikolas can go all 9 innings in the heat.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Thanks for the superb coverage, Pugs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Typical Cardinal game. Saved by the pen? No runs allowed except that one dinger. Not alot scored.7 hits and left alot on base with scoring opportunitys. Lets do better next game it will be cooler. Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thank you…….thank you very much, Bobby. And I know that I speak for all in extending a hardy “THANK-YOU” in your direction for the continued stats, data and most importantly, your wonderful insight into the Cardinals and this great game of baseball.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

This season Goldy is swinging at the first pitch about 25% of his PA’s, same for his career.
    Mlb is at 31% this season.

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years