2022 Cardinals MLB Game 57 thread – Wednesday, June 8 at Rays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 57 thread – Wednesday, June 8 at Rays

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hello all, just tuned in. Blek! Packy was throwing BP I guess. And we have 2 outs, nobody on. I see how its going so far.

And then Gorman grounds it right into the shift for the 3rd out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3.

Knizner waves fruitlessly at a wide Kluber offering for strike 3.

Edman flies out to Aroz in straightaway left field.

Gorman grounds it out to Brujan at 2nd and his throw will get the Redbird rookie by a step to retire the side.

Rays 4
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Welcome Bling! Glad you’re onboard to witness this huge Cardinal comeback.

Rays tack on yet another run in the 3rd to extend their healthy advantage to 5-0.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks, please try to make the PBP sound like we’re not playing as shitty as we are.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s exactly what I’m being paid handsomely to do, Bling.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

The comeback has started!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

There’s not a faster homerun trot in the universe than O’Neill’s.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4.

Goldy strikes out looking…..Kluber’s second K victim.

O’Neill lifts a high deep drive to right… Margot drifts back to the wall and there goes Kluber’s shutout as it’s in the seats for a home run….5-1 Rays.

Donovan strikes out looking.

Pez strikes out swinging.

Rays 5
    Cards 1

Kluber at 58 pitches.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sweet……Euro and LACardFan in the house.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well I’ve got tonights struggle on TV. Just spent the last 4 innings playing with my phone trying to switch it from Arabic Text to English. Thought I was hacked by the Taliban or something. Its been a blessing as I haven’t had to agonize over the last 4 innings. I declare it now a new game spotting the Forked Tail Devil Rays four runs. O’Niels dinger is a good omen for things to come. Boy talk about a piece together pitching roster tonight. Smoke em if you got em and don’t expect too much tonight. But you never kniw-its baseball. Din-din was homemade spaghetti with Ragu meat sauce and ground beef. Couldn’t catch any squirrels
    Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Late din-din is a jumbo BLT on pumpernickel. Grape Nehi.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Grape Nehi?

Wow, bling, YOU DA MAN!!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5.

Bader couldn’t check his swing on a pitch in the dirt and he’ll take a seat instead of a base.

Nooty grounds out to Brujan at 2nd base.

Knizner grounds out to Walls at short to retire the Birds here in the 5th.

Rays 5
    Cards 1

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Had a chicken sandwich, side of kale crunch, topped off with cup of vanilla soft serve — all from Chick-fil-A. Washed it down with a glass of filtered H2O, straight from the municipality.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster in fine form tonight! Anyone else getting the feeling that we’re coming back in this game? Hey Euro, you’re right…..we need to get a bunch of us together some weekend. In st. Louis for a game possibly?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You are on a health kick aren’t you, Euro?

Wittgren pitching for St. Louis in the 5th and he keeps the Rays off the scoreboard, despite another Rays double….this one off the bat of Majia.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need a salami here in the 6th.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dang thought Pez had a dinger too short…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6.

Edman walks on 5 pitches….3 of them out of the zone, as that last called ball looked mighty fine.

Gorman smokes a liner to right for a hit … Tommy E. stopping at 2nd base and the Birds look to be in business.

Goldy ….lines one past the 2nd baseman and up the middle for a hit and Edman will have to slap on the brakes at 3rd…..this is what you like …bases loaded with no outs.

O’Neill blisters a base hit to center….in trots Edman with Gorman on his high horse and rounding 3rd…..and the throw won’t get him….5-3 Rays now, as Tyler has all 3 of the Cardinal rbi. And that will do it for Kluber as the Cards have abused him terribly this inning .

Adam on for Tampa.

Donovan rolls it out to 2nd and this is going to be a deuce…. Brujan flips it to Walls at 2nd for one and the throw to Choi at 1st completes the twin killing…..ouch that hurt! Goldy takes 3rd base.

Pez ….thar she…..no!….hit extremely deep to left but Aroz hauls it in out on the track….boy when that ball exited Pez’ bat, it looked like we were going to have ourselves a tie ballgame.

Rays 5
    Cards 3

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Whitgren doing a Packy immatation and is left in. Better start mixing in some junk.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Rats gonna disagree with you on Arenado. He’s a streaker as is Goldy. has been starting to hit again the last week or so. Who was the NL player of the month in April? Thinking Wittgren, McFarland, Whitley, and Packy are a way bigger problem. Add Packy to that list. Send them down along with Noot. Bring the farmers up. Let them excite this Team.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And ever since the Donovan DP, things have not gone well for our Cards. In the bottom of the 6th, the Rays have already put one on the board and they have runners straddling 1st & 2nd….and the coo-de-graw…..0 outs. And Wittgren is rightfully getting yanked.

Enter BobbyReed’s favorite……T. J. McFarland

I like your style KsCardFan

An infield Choi overturned single loads them up for Tampa with still no outs.

Nice play at 3rd by Donovan keeps the Rays off the board…..now with 1 out

Aroz taps it right back to McFarland and this should be 2….. what’s he doing??????? Flips it to 1st for one out but obviously forgot how many outs there were….oh my….this can’t be. This will be the last time we see him in a Cardinal uni.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Send McFarland to Peoria. Sheesh.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pugs, I’ve been slipping on my food intake lately. Ice cream is a huge weakness for me. In moderation is okay, but I’m capable of some ridiculous binges, especially when I make a batch of homemade with real vanilla beans.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Arozarena a Cardinal = bad idea
    McFarland a Cardinal = good idea

Way to go Mo!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.