2022 Cardinals MLB Game 57 thread – Wednesday, June 8 at Rays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 57 thread – Wednesday, June 8 at Rays

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:10 p.m.
    TBA vs. RHP Corey Kluber (2-2, 3.73)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Update: StL starter is LHP Packy Naughton (0-1, 3.09)

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Be nice to come back with a win after the debacle last night. Once again the Cards offense isn’t very good. They are too inconsistent. I wonder why that is.

On a good note, Hader gave up two dingers in the 9th last night and the Phils beat the Brewers 3-2 so we didn’t lose any ground. And the Red Sox beat Anaheim 6-5 in 10 innings. That’s 13 losses in a row for the Angels.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The Angels have two of the best players in the game and we’re rolling along early in the season. Don’t follow them enough to know what has happened, but historically they seem to go big on free agents and rarely get a good return. They have often been a team where the whole is less than the sun of the parts.

Our club seems to be the opposite of that many years.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

It’s a sad day when you hold ’em to three hits and still lose. Let’s erase that thought and put on a real Goldy-led mash-fest tonight. I’ve done my part by enjoying a filet of salmon, new potatoes sauteed in butter and snap beans al dente, washed down with some iced tea and followed with a bowl of raspberries and a bit of cream. I have a feeling Miles is going to have a good day, or night as the case may be. Rah Cardinals!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why is this St. Louis offense so hit and miss? Very inconsistent. I am going to assume one of these days Arenado is going to do something. Like, maybe, hit the ball hard somewhere…….

And how many times do we anticipate O’Neill striking out tonight? I’d say minimum twice.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Trevor Rosenthal threw for 18 teams in a showcase yesterday. I hope the Cardinals were 1 of the 18 there as I’m tired of seeing VerHagen, Wittgren, MxFarland, Whitley/Walsh/whoever in late game situations or really in games at all. If he’s got anything left in his shoulder he should be an upgrade over anyone in the pen outside the main 3.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Arenado not starting.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Naught to worry……Packy is ready for this one. Cards club Kluber & Co. 8-5. Absolutely love your salmon and new potatoes din-din, Cardinal In France. My din-din? Not as elegant this evening. Sloppy joes, extra crispy fries, potato salad and homemade pecan and almond pie with a healthy slab of Breyer’s vanilla ice cream gracing it’s top.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Arenado not starting………

Why start him? He’s an easy out nowadays. Somehow I am starting to wonder if we are going to regret the Arenado trade/contract in the long run. At this point I am thinking his opting out after this year might not be a bad thing. But we shall see how things end up, the jury is still out.

Din-din today was the weekly trip to the Amish restaurant, the Gasthof. Fried chicken, meatloaf, fish, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, noodles, dressing, sweet tea, some blackberry cobbler and a bowl of vanilla soft serve ice cream.

Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tonight tuning in for this one. With a couple of 7×50 Palma Real Presidente cigars.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marmol all over the place. Says he worries about helseley coming in saying he needs an MRI after pitching two inning so better to have verhagen blow it but then says he’s going to use everyone more often. This is like watching a drama on tv. I see people talking about how you can’t have as many hits as we had and not win. The rays are a good team. That’s what good teams do. Many times I’ve seen waino give up bunches of hits but not many runs.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Arenado was hit on the knee last night and feeling it today. Available to pinch hit if needed.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

In the last week he’s a 110 ops+
    Arenado is the least of our problems.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Corey Kluber going for Tampa. Kluber has gone exactly 6 innings in each of his last two starts vs Texas and the Yanks, giving up one run and three hits in one and one run on four hits in the other…..pretty darn stingy.

Edman grounds out to Brujan at 2nd base.

Gorman goes the other way and pokes a fly into short left…..and it’s Aroz racing in to make the catch.

Goldy flies out to right…..Margot hauling it in just as he crosses the line into foul territory.

Cards 0
    Rays 0

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

THREE EASY OUTS IN THE TOP OF THE FIRST. A REPEAT OF LAST NIGHT.

WHY DO THEY LOOK SO LIFELESS???

THEY LOOK LIKE THEY AREN’T EVEN TRYING!!!

ALL THEY DO IS HIT LITTLE WEAK GROUND BALLS OR LITTLE POP FLYS!!!

DO THEY NOT CARE????????

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Packy takes a one hop comebacker off his pitching hand and the ball caroms right on over to the SS, who has no play….leadoff infield single for Margot.

A Choi one out double to left-center plates this game’s first tally. Looks as if O’Neill should have got a better jump on it.

Aroz doubles off the very top of the left field wall and it’s 2-0.

Then Brujan joins the double-fest with one of his own down the line in left and it’s 3-0.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rut-Ro … not the start we wanted from Packy.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It sure isn’t, 1964cards. I wanted at least 4 solid frames out of him tonight, but he probably won’t make it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

O’Neill pops out to Choi in foul territory.

Donovan lines a rope to left, but right at Aroz for out #2.

Pez lines a rocket to center for a hit.

Bader lofts a short fly into right-center that falls in for a hit…Pez motors his way around to 3rd.

Nooty on 3-2 fouls out to the 3rd baseman Diaz.

Rays 3
    Cards 0

Kluber at 34 pitches

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ugh … batter beats out a grounder to first to start the bottom of the second. This does not seem to be trending the Cardinal’s way.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Packy is being forced to pack it in with one out in the Tampa 2nd. He surrenders 3 runs on 5 hits and is responsible for the man presently standing on 1st base (Kiermaier). Packy can lose it, but he cannot win this game.

Enter Oviedo. Oviedo and Nooty may rank #1 & #2 as the most athletic looking Cardinals.

Ramirez rips a double to right and you can close the book on Packy as this fourth Rays run will count against his pitching ledger.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Packy Naughton might be a legit major league reliever. He is NOT an MLB starter.
    Ditto for Andre Pallante, whom Marmol has penciled in for Friday’s start.

Whatever else happens, the Boy Wonder manager is 100% to blame for this nonsense he has created, this innings crunch, by placing Jake Woodford into some sort of permanent doghouse for God knows what obscure reason, and repeatedly giving starts to pitchers who can reasonably be expected to give 3-4 innings at most. It started with Jordan Hicks in early April, and now it idiotically continues with Naughton & Pallante. When it comes to managing innings workloads, Marmol is perhaps the stupidest manager I have ever seen, in any organization.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.