2022 Cardinals MLB Game 56 thread – Tuesday, June 7 at Rays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 56 thread – Tuesday, June 7 at Rays

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Nice return for O’Neill to get two hits. Does he look like he’s put on more mass to anybody else?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looks pretty good to me
    When he runs you tell hes really athletic. Looks like a barrel with 2 legs to me Euro

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley doesn’t look that good tonight. A little wild. Got a pop up so maybe settling down.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rays come up empty in the 9th after getting their leadoff runner on. Helsley induces 3 consecutive infield popups. Tied at 1 heading to extras

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I think Pugs mentioned possibly hanging ‘em up next year and going in to retirement mode. My plan is the same.

Ha, welcome to the club soon. Pugs too, huh? I pulled the trigger three years ago when I turned 60. Ironically, I’ve watched less Cards baseball live this year due to freedom of schedule. I have really grown to enjoy my workouts after dinner…when MLB is happening. I would’ve never worked out this before retirement because I had to leave the house early in the morning. Got some tweaks to work on, but freedom of time is good given it is our most valuable asset.

In the spirit of meeting posters, sounds like a few here need to plan a rendezvous (perhaps Busch?) before too many more years slip by us. Another thing I really want to do is spend some time in Florida in March during Spring Training. Wifey and I were all set to do that in March 2020 in my first retirement year…before Covid shut it down.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edmans going to be at second base here in the tenth. Almost have to score at least him here to feel ok.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wooster, gotta hope Bader and O’Neill never collide at full speed in the outfield. That would be some kind of one-way ugly.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well a mistake by rays gives us a big chance here for multiple runs

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well bad luck arenado gets hit we have noot up. Gets sac fly but could have used more.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 10. Edman starts the inning at 2nd.

Goldy grounds it right up the middle, but that’s where they had him played….the throw is to 3rd….safe! Tommy E. beat the throw and the Cards will have runners on the corners.

Arenado is hit with a pitch right around the knee cap area….oh oh …but fortunately he looks ok…..bases brimming over with Birds now…. let’s get a few shall we?

Nooty hits it in the air to right and it’ll have enough umph on it to score Tommy from 3rd….and it does…2-1 Good Guys.

O’Neill whiffs.

Bader cracks a base hit to center!…..Goldy is rounding 3rd and heading for paydirt….Keirmeier’s throw ….will nail him at the plate on a very close play.

Cards 2
    Rays 1

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ver Hagen up. Shut em down!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bad slide by goldy there, also I don’t understand how he couldn’t beat that play there. Maybe wasn’t getting big enough secondary lead. Ball was in the air a while there. Bases loaded and no outs, only get one run favors the rays.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t really trust verhagen. I think they should have went with helsley another inning. Sure he would be lost for tomorrow but Cabrera will be good by tomorrow.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Testing

System not letting me post

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sometimes you need a better roster.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Have any of Mo’s low hanging fruit moves worked out at all this year? Like I said, he’s famous for going back to the same well multiple times in a row, and they don’t work out whenever he tries it.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Verhagen hangs a pitch and the rays win. You can say it’s second guessing but I said you stay with your best pitcher and go for the win tonight. Tomorrow is unknown and like I said Cabrera would be ready. Another bad manager decision in my eyes.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Helsley threw 11 pitches. Why didn’t he come out for the 10th???

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Close fought game. Don’t know about that last pitch. Had 2 strikes on the guy and it hits the foul pole. Liked Goldys slide he was late but the catcher was blocking the plate too. Our closer had his chance but we didn’t come through. 3rd extra innings game in a row. More runs might put and end to that. Out hit them 6 to 3 but still lost. Rest of our pitching was very good. Go Cardinals!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We outhit them 9-3, Wooster. All of Tampa’s hits went for extra bases, two doubles and a home run. That’s how you win close ones, whereas we could not get our hits to show up in bunches.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

Verhagen gave up three runs to the bottom of the order. Not really impressed with him. His ERA is now 4.96.
    We just don’t have much of a bullpen.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep Card25 Also seems like we seldom get the lead off batter on too. Makes alot of difference if you can stay out of the double play. Can’t expect to keep pulling it out in extra inning games though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Listening to al and Rick ankiel talk about the end of game. Sorry ankiel just doesn’t get it. I miss Al on broadcast though I do like Edmonds. Al is right on. Use gallegos or particularly helseley two innings. The girl talking about using guys all week is not practical. No one said that. First off may not be a close game tomorrow, secondly Cabrera will be ready to go tomorrow plus gallegos. Go for the wins when they are there. It would be different if verhagen had been lights out this year but that hasn’t been the case.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

McFarland was the only worse choice than VerHagen in that incredibly high-leverage situation. Marmol is a clown.

The thing to do: if you don’t score in the 10th, then you pull Helsley. Because the leverage is only moderately high. But after scoring the run, you stick with one of your very best relievers — you do not experiment with VerHagen. Because now the leverage is as high as it gets. And it’s June. Experiment time is over.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We only have two or three guys in the bullpen that you really trust. The rest are misfits that are a complete roll of the dice. Hard to beat good teams like that.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years