2022 Cardinals MLB Game 56 thread – Tuesday, June 7 at Rays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 56 thread – Tuesday, June 7 at Rays

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of all or nothing guys, O’Neill is back in the lineup. Hopefully he gets on track.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well O’Neil just takes a ball right down the middle for strike 3. I know it was a change but still have to hit that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yadi doubles after bader walks, second and third two outs, can we cash in.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hudson looking good so far. Had Bader and Yadi on but didn’t get the rbi. Giving up walks is not good though. Don’t have an opinion on Gorman yet. Will have to wait and see I guess. Got so many new good players right now Good problem to have. Rays running out of the base path. Crooked Chicago game let a cub runner dodge by on the infield grass. Didn’t get away with it just now.
    Din-din was me and my Wonder Dog riding down to Taco Bell for taco tuesday! He likes the Cardinals too-and the Mets!
    Go Cardinals!
    G

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Scoreless after 2. Cards bat in the top of the 3rd…… let’s stay with matters here shall we? I have the granddaughter vying for for attention this evening, so the PBP will be spotty at best. As we speak she’s sitting on my back urging me to “giddy up”.

Donovan grounds out routinely to 3rd base.

Edman slaps a base hit thru the hole between the 1st baseman and 2nd baseman and out into right field for a base hit.

Goldy flies out to Kaimeier in center.

Arenado flies out to Phillips in right.

Cards 0
    Rays 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

E-6 (Sosa)with one out in the Rays 3rd.

Marmol starting to take a liking to engaging the games arbiters in verbal arguments, though this one is not a heated one. Could Oli Marmol be the next Billy Martin? Choi whiffs and the Rays do not score here in the 3rd. Hudson at 39 pitches.

1982 willie
    Participant

Sosa makes what should be an error. Had plenty of time to get behind the ball but chose to backhand the ball, cost him. Hopefully doesn’t cost us here.

1982 willie
    Participant

Umpire makes a bad cal. Ball wasn’t close to hitting the guys foot.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow-had to get Choi out twice!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pujols not happy with home plate umpire tonight

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4.

Albert ….I have never seen a home plate ump get so animated over a called 2nd strike…..ump actually thought it was strike 3……I do not think this ump is smarter than a 3rd grader, at least in math he’s not. Albert grounds one into left field for a leadoff single.

O’Neill strikes out for the second consecutive time in this game.

Bader fouls out to the catcher Majia.

Yadi grounds it past the SS and out into left for a base knock…. Albert stopping at 2nd.

Sosa….. looking to atone for his earlier fielding miscue, though it did not cost his team a run. Hits a moon shot to short center field that will be easily caught and that will do it for St. Louis in the 4th. Springs now at 64 pitches.

Cards 0
    Rays 0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill looked pretty bad again there with his second K.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well just not getting enough hits together and no long balls so zero runs so far. Good thing is they don’t have any runs either.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ll get em Willie!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats 2 moon shots for Sosa now with 2 men in scoring position. Both on high zone fastballs. They were in the zone but hes not hitting them

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson sets them down in one pretty little chorus line 1-2-3 in the 4th. Hudson now with 54 pitches under his belt……the pen can stay seated for….. hopefully the entire night.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5

Donovan raps a hard grounder, but right at Paredes at 3rd base and he’ll glove it and fire it across the diamond to Choi’s waiting mitt for out #1 here in the Redbird 5th.

Edman lines a shot to left that Aroz nicely tracks down in left center field for the out.

Goldy on 3-2 smokes a double to left.

Arenado grounds out to 3rd.

Cards 0
    Rays 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sound like a broken record here….a very nice broken record, as once again Hudson sets the Rays down in order….we mozzy along to the 6th in a scoreless ballgame.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well going to bottom of seventh, still no score.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Rats, k% is figured based on plate appearances, not at bats. That is why Gorman’s K rate is only 34.6%, not what you figured. Baseball Reference already shows his K rate on Gorman’s main page under the advanced batting ratios.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hudsons given up 1 hit so far. We’ve had 6 hits without scoring a run. Got dead butt from having a day off? Must have turned down the ac at the stadium.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nooty walk and O’niel 2nd hit so far!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bader base hit scores Nooty. Mr Clutch Yadi up!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ground out- tie game!

1982 willie
    Participant

Bader nice clutch hit. Edmond was so right about O’Neil at first. You going to play that far over as a first baseman, the runner needs to be pretty much right with him

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.