2022 Cardinals MLB Game 55 thread – Sunday, June 5 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 55 thread – Sunday, June 5 at Cubs

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

What people underestimate about Donovan is his power. If he were tô Just a smidge stronger he could be a potential .900+ OPS guy.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

It was good to see Yepez atone for his mistakes in the field: hotdogging and throwing to the wrong base. Hopefully Marmol was watching and talks to him about it. Fundamentals are important.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I’ll bet we could agree that Nootbaar is the first demoted. He’s on the 26man due to the O’Neil and Carlson injuries.

If no-one goes IL, gets traded or DFA’d, I expect Yepez back to Memphis. If we are just shuffling deck chairs with no bereavement leave or covid IL.

DH already has one bench spot in Pujols / Dickerson. Knizner is a lock. Sosa is out of options. Gorman / Donovan have sparked the lineup so that leaves Yepez. I’d hate it, but Mo signed Pujols / Dickerson knowing Yepez was mlb ready and he’s proving it.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This was the kind of game good teams, and teams destined for success, win. You come back in the ninth, then win in extras on the road to grab the series.

Big win early in the season. Good team effort.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Not too sure I would DFA Dickerson, although he will likely hit quite a bit better over the remainder of the season than he has to date.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If no-one goes IL, gets traded or DFA’d, I expect Yepez back to Memphis.

This is what I have been thinking also and it will be a real shame. Yepez deserves to stay up but he will probably draw the short straw.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pez belongs right where he’s at. It’s a crying shame he’s not a catcher. There’s no question whatsoever that trade(s) are coming before the deadline.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Dickerson has too much MLB service time to be outrighted to the minors. He would have to be released. However, since he is on the IL now, the Cardinals could buy time by assigning him to the minors to rehab when he is healthy.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years