2022 Cardinals MLB Game 55 thread – Sunday, June 5 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 55 thread – Sunday, June 5 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:08 pm
    RHP Adam Wainwright (5-4, 3.12) vs. TBA
    ESPN // KMOX

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’m headed over for this one! A LHSP (Steele) is listed on ESPN so hoping to see Waino with Yadi and Pujols DHing! The wife’s bday is tomorrow so unfortunately this might be the only one I get to attend.

With the blackout rules, and the awful network from the Ricketts, it might be the only one I get to see at all.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bravo CardsFanInChiTown! Bring us home the win…..and this game is without question, going into the win column for the St. Louis Cardinals. Look for a big game from Pez in this affair. What’s for din-din you may ask? I’m not 100% sure actually, as the wifey said she’s concocting some sort of chicken din-din for this evening. Hey while on the topic, I wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone else’s wifey does what mine does during din-dins, because I would love to have the television on, but she won’t allow it. She plays music for the entire din-din. She plays the same recording for the entire week and then changes it on Mondays. I don’t recognize all of the music…..like this week’s selections included a remake from Blue Oyster Cult, “Don’t Fear The Reaper” by a group called Keep Shelly In Athens. And another one was “Running Up That Hill” by Kate Bush. Anyway, I’d love to have a ballgame or the news on instead.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Apparently someone sent out some old tweets that Donovan and a friend had used back when they were teenagers that were I guess disrespectful to certain communities. Donovan apologized. Hopefully cardinal management won’t let this stupid stuff cause any issues. This retweeting or bringing up old comments shows just how classless people are.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anybody got a video of the ball that Edman was called out on yesterday that was outside? It’s not in the highlights on Youtube.

And it appears to me that Gorman is reverting back to his true form. The strikeouts are beginning to pile up on him.

Din-din today is a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, Bush’s baked beans with onions, a Mt. Dew, and a piece of Cookies n’ Cream pie. All whilst I watch an episode of Adam-12.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed Willie. Obviously, brought to light by a jealous old “friend”. Since Donovan was only 14 and 16 years old at the time, I couldn’t imagine his employer coming on down hard on him. But, to cover their bases, the Cards will make some sort of statement condemning this behavior, but also pointing out the young age of the offender. This may not stop rioters from visiting him though. But, I think the general populace’s patience is starting to run thin with those characters. Donovan is not yet a star in this game, so I would expect this unfortunate situation to blow over pretty quickly.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Alas, this is one of those darn Sunday night games, meaning it won’t get underway until 1 a.m. my time, meaning I will be floating in never-never land while Waino is giving the Cubs a lesson or two in looping baseballs. Rah Cardinals!

Din-din tonight was mussels mariniere, french fries and salad with a splash or three of Macon, followed by the last of the banana bread.

Afraid I can’t help you on the wifey/music front Pugs, Madame CiF and I always listen to the evening news on the radio during din-din. Sorry.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Still no lineup.

I had some beef short ribs in a smoker earlier Now Lady Bling has them in the crock pot with crushed tomatoes, onions, Moscatel vinigar and some other stuff.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    5. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    6. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Brendan Donovan (L) RF

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Pez doesn’t homer in this game, I’ll be totally shocked. I like seeing Sosa put right back on top of the horse. Donovan? How can he be hitting last? Payback for saying naughty things when he was a high school frosh possibly?

Very respectable din-dins out of Bling, CIF and the esteemed Rat today. Wonder what Wooster, Euro and Stlcard25 are having? And whatever happened to The Hammer, who’s a super cool gent, but has gone missing on us for a few weeks now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am not an authority on the worldview and behavioral norms of people of Donovan’s age, so I have no useful comment other to remember that a young Bling had a measure of predjudice, intollerance and a lack of gravitas about things that truly do matter. It took knowing and observing my own chidren as they became adults to open my eyes to the better person I could be.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Steele, the lefty, is going for the Cubs. Hence Pujols in the cleanup spot. I still say that by the All Star Break he is going to gracefully bow out and retire. But I guess we will have to wait and see what happens between now and then if that does happen.

Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for this one tonight. We’ll be having a couple of Palma Real 7×50 Presidente cigars during this game. And a can of Bush’s Great Northern Beans and a piece of strawberry pie from the Amish restaurant for out late night snack.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow lineup surprise on our menu tonight. We were basically powered by Donovan last night 4 for 5. Expected to see him somewhere in the middle
    I liked Bader before Edman myself. Exciting game to watch last night but too close for me.
    Din-din will be pork chops, velvetta deluxe macaroni and cheese and a tossed salad if its still good in my refrigerator. Outa vreggies but I still have some fresh corn.
    Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You may be out of veggies, but you’re not out of style, Wooster. Our Birds are dedicating tonight’s victory to Wooster & Rat. Let’s play a little baseball shall we?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Chicago entrusting their pitching duties to Justin Steele this evening.

Edman grounds it out to Hoerner at short…and his throw to 1st base was a low one that Schwindel nicely scooped up out of the dirt to just nip the speedy Tommy E.

Goldy bounces a high chopper up the middle that bounces off Madrigal’s glove and out into short center field for a hit

Arenado flies out to Morel in center.

Albert grounds out to Wisdom at 3rd to retire the side.

Cards 0
    cubs 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1. Waino toeing the St. Louis rubber.

Morel raps a one hopper out to Edmundo Sosa at short and he’ll glove it and toss her on over to Goldy at 1st for the out.

Contreras walks.

Happ blisters a shot down to right and down the line and that’s in for extras…. Donovan plays the carom nicely off the ivy and Contreras will have to hold at 3rd on the Happ double.

Schwindel lines a shot to right….but it’s going to hang up long enough for Donovan to lay the leather on it for the catch and here comes Contreras streaking for home….the throw is cutoff and whizzed over to 3rd base and they nail Happ to retire the side, but they do score the one run.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Pez grounds it routinely up the middle, but that’s exactly where they had Madrigal positioned and he’ll easily throw Pez out at 1st.

Bader pops out to the 2nd baseman Madrigal about 15 feet in back of the bag at 2nd.

Yadi hits it fairly deep to center where Morel initially turned the wrong way, but quickly gets back on track and has it for the out.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2.

Wisdom grounds out routinely to Sosa at short.

Ortega pops out weakly to Arenado at 3rd base in fair territory.

Hoerner whacks a liner right back and off Waino’s lower back and the result will be an infield single….Waino fortunately looks none the worse for the experience.

Heyward raps a grounder that Arenado backhands at 3rd and flings it across the diamond to Goldy at 1st to retire the side.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I wish these TV Cameras would quick shot the defensive set ups for these guys at the plate. Not just the glamour shots.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3.

Sosa grounds it up the middle where it’s gloved by Hoerner and the long throw….will just get him at 1st on a very close play. And just for the record, Edmundo did touch 1st base.

Donovan pokes it past Wisdom at 3rd base and out into left field for a hit….and Donovan wants two!…..Happ’s throw… will get him at 2nd base.

Edman walks.

Goldy grounds out to Wisdom at 3rd.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3.

Madrigal rolls it out to Edman at 2nd and he’ll scoop it on up and make the short toss on over to Goldy at 1st for the out.

Morel grounds it up the middle and out into center field for a base hit.

Contreras lines it on the button and out to center for a hit….Morel stopping at 2nd base. Waino in a bit of a pickle here.

Happ lines a shot up the middle….and Sosa dives and gloves it and then nicely flips it to Edman at 2nd for the out…..beauty of a play by Sosa! Morel goes to 3rd on the play.

Schwindel lines out to Sosa at short to retire the side.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Sosa with exceptional range to save a run

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4.

Arenado pops out to Hoerner at short.

Albert raps a hard grounder off Wisdom’s glove at 3rd and he’ll quickly retrieve the ball and gun it over to 1st, but Albert has long since scampered on by the bag and Albert has himself an infield single.

Pez rolls a grounder out to Wisdom at 3rd who briefly double clutches the ball and then whips it to Madrigal at 2nd for one and then the throw to 1st will be too late.

Bader smokes a liner into left for a hit with Pez stopping his progress at 2nd base and the Cards have a little something cooking here in the 4th.

Yadi grounds it to Wisdom at 3rd and he’ll opt for the shorter route as he’ll throw it to Madrigal at 2nd to retire the side.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4. Waino starts this inning with 43 pitches under his belt in this ballgame.

Wisdom sends a fly ball out to left where Pez comes surging in to glove about waist high.

Ortega shoots a liner into short center…..and it’s Bader making a successful sliding catch and the Birds are indeed flashing the leather in this game…..now if they can only start flashing the wood in this ballgame they’ll be in business.

Hoerner dumps a short fly into left that will elude both Pez and Sosa…..and Hoerner will slide into 2nd with a double.

Heyward chops a grounder thru the hole and out into left for a hit…..here comes Hoerner with Chicago’s second run of the game….and Heyward takes 2nd base on the throw.

Madrigal pops out to Sosa in short left field.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I tune in and we are losing, again.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.