2022 Cardinals MLB Game 55 thread – Sunday, June 5 at Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 55 thread – Sunday, June 5 at Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Correction just 1!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Evidently the key to beating the cubs is to commit a late-inning base-running blunder so egregious that it will almost certainly lead to a loss.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pitching decision here-whos it gonna be?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Donovan is just a player isn’t he? Wow, he is impressive!

Very impressive AB to get the 2-run lead

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 11 info ……Edman struck out to retire the side and the Cards carry a 5-3 advantage to the bottom of the 11th.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep we sneak up on em that way Euro!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Cabrera a 3rd Inning?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, they do have an off day tomorrow.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Excuse me. 4th Inning.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabrera a 4th inning.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Boy Yadi sure is a player!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 11. Cabby out there for a 4th inning of labor. Possible starter anyone?? Higgins starts the inning on 2nd base for Chicago.

Hoerner rolls it neatly out to Donovan at 2nd and he’ll fling it over to Goldy for the out with Higgins traipsing on over to 3rd base. And Cabby is looking stronger and stronger as this game moves along. He just may be begging for a starting opportunity. We just may have an opening.

Hayward strikes out swinging.

Madrigal grounds it routinely out to Donovan at 2nd base and that’s your ballgame!

Your fantastic final score:

St. Louis Cardinals 5
    Chicago cubs 3

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Henesis making a bid to be a starter?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Its a winner! Wasn’t pretty but we got it done! Go Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Was thinking that too Euro.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Henasis making a bid to be a starter?

Lol…..an extremely strong bid, Euro Dandy. Shades of Bob Gibson watching Cabby work tonight. And he honestly was getting stronger with each passing inning. I’d love to see the radar gun numbers of Henasis’ innings tonight. We’d better be seeing him getting a starting nod come this next weekend.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

He has the off day tomorrow and then he will be unavailable on Tuesday. He’ll be back throwing BB’s on Wednesday evening.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren’t we just 1/2 game behind the Brewers now? They have Philadelphia this week and they have turned hot. Of course, we have to go to one of the best teams in the AL, at Tampa Bay for three games.

Cards on pace for 94-95 wins now.

r/Esteemed Rat

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yep Pugs & Wooster, Cabby is probably making the pitch to Oli right now. “Hey Skipper, let me start so our pen doesn’t have to throw so damn many innings.”

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It just may be the other way around with Oli pitching Cabby to become a starter, Euro. And something tells me Oli wouldn’t have to twist Cabby’s arm…… and if so, Oli better not twist Cabby’s valuable right arm. We kid a little, but from this one performance here tonight, it’s pretty obvious that Cabby has what it takes to start. Why keep trotting the Pallantes and the Oviedo’s out there to start when you have a Cabby? Neil Pallante is a very useful piece of the puzzle, just not as a starter. Now the question looms…..who replaces Cabby in the pen? We certainly have the position player trading chips to make that a happening thing.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well tuned in late, nice to see us get the series win over the bums. Donovan continues to impress. I think right now yepez and Gorman are situational guys and should be used appropriately but Donovan needs to be playing pretty much everyday. He’s earned that right now. Doesn’t have to be the same position cause he can play well just about anywhere but he needs to be in there.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Was at the game tonight and Donovan might be my new favorite player….

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I absolutely detest that extra inning runner on second rule, but what the hey, we won, so I guess it was OK – for last night at least. Bravo Redbirds! Way to start my Monday morning.

And I hereby officially subscribe to the Donovan fan club. Where have they been hiding this guy.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

32 runs scored in the 5game cubs series. 4 of the 5 games we scored a minimum of 5 runs. The lineup is getting it done.

14NyquisT
    Participant

And I hereby officially subscribe to the Donovan fan club. Where have they been hiding this guy.

Donovan has been doing a lot of things right. He is playing so well they can’t send him down. O’Neill should be back before Carlson. Gorman goes down ahead of Donovan. The decision regarding Sosa will be tough. Lars will floating down the river to Memphis.

Donovan could be more than a flash in the pan (the path of so many others)…. he looks like he belongs in St. Louis.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was a very hard fought series. We were fortunate to come out of it with the series win but we will definitely take it.

I said over a year ago that Donovan was shaping up to be the next Edman. I think I was wrong. He is shaping up to be better than Edman. That guy is a player and needs to play everyday.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.