2022 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Tue 4/12 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Tue 4/12 vs. Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wooooow Jordan Hicks.

Thank you brother! You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

I’ll give all the starters a mulligan seeing as they’re 2 weeks behind but Hudson has had issues throwing strikes in the past.

The pitching is the one part that lags behind every spring up until the last 10 days or so.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Or at least the starters anywho.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“This isn’t Nam….. it’s bowling…..there are rules!”

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So far DeJong looks the same at the plate as he did last year. A homer a week and a whole bunch of unimpressive ABs.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Well, that’s just like……your opinion man.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, he sure does, Bling. What do we do?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Yeah poor Paulie has had a not so inspiring start. I’m down to just hoping he has one good swing per AB.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think dejong has looked better at times. Too early to start really worrying about that too much. It isn’t like he is facing the bowling league beer belly wahoos

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You know who else was solid in “The Big Lebowski”, Hammer. John Turturro, who as usual, improvised most of his lines. That memorable scene from “Millers Crossing”, where Turturro is begging for his life as he’s being led out into the woods by that hit man….none of that was scripted. That was all Turturro being Turturro…..was is always brilliant.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Problem is Paulie has a shorter window than normal. He better figure out how to put the bat on the ball or Sosa is going reclaim his spot in about 3 weeks if he keeps his crap up. It’s early tho! lmao

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh no, this Wittgren fellow is begging for trouble. Royals at 1st & 2nd with 2 outs here in the 7th in a 6-4 Cardinal ballgame.

Cards get out of it as Bobby Witt Jr. bounces out to short, making him 0-4 on the night. Has that young phenom had a hit yet this year?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Pugs, oh JT was great in TBL. “…..and pull the trigger until it goes click”.

Millers Crossing was grrrrrrrreat also.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Amir Garrett on in relief for Lynch here in the bottom of the 7th. We’ll see Big Al again…..4-4 anybody?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Good night. Every time Arenado hits the ball it’s an absolute laser.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha ha! Classic stuff, Hammer…..you make me want to pull TBL out after this game for a revisit…..matter of fact I think I will.

Albert flys out, but 3-4 will definitely get you to Cooperstown……oh I forget…..he already has his ticket stamped for that covered locale. Still 6-4 St. Louis as we venture on to the 8th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Young Genesis ( pronounced “Hen-asis”) “Cabby” Cabrera, on to thwart any KC aspirations for denting the scoreboard.

And Perez with one swing of the bat slices the Cardinal advantage to just one lone run, as he just barely sends one over Bader’s outstretched glove and into the center field seats with his second round tripper of the evening.

And that’s all the Royals can muster in the 8th. 6-5 Birds

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dylan Coleman( no relation to Vince ) center stage for KC here in the bottom of the 8th. Sounds like a local fellow.

Mondesi absolutely robs Tommy E. of a hit that was ticketed for center field…..speaking of tickets, the cops could legitimately write Mondesi a moving violation for that play….wow that was Ozzie Smith at Busch…..but in blue not red.

With 2 down and nobody tickling a base, PDJ gets kind of a gift double on a long drive to left-center that went in and immediately out of Taylor’s glove.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

That is not a hit Paulie! lol and he knows it.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow Edman’s ball was hit so hard it had English on it. That thing was smoked.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

All 3 of Paulie’s hits this year have been oppo I’m pretty sure.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards don’t score. Still 6-5 Good Guys as we head to Gallegos time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Gallegos makes quick work of the Royals here in the 9th, as St. Louis prevails 6-5 to move to 3-1 on the young season. Hicks your winner and Gallegos with the save.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Love the Miller’s Crossing references. Great early Cohen Brothers flick. Now of you guys start quoting Barton Fink or Blood Simple I will really be impressed.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Chicken dinner. See you boys tomorrow!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.