2022 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Tue 4/12 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Tue 4/12 vs. Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Jordan Hicks (0-0, 5.40 in 2021) vs. LHP Daniel Lynch (4-6, 5.69 in 2021)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+

With Monday’s rainout, Dakota Hudson will be starting this game. Hicks is being skipped this turn.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

AHHHH!

A lefthander. Assume that means Pujols will be in the lineup?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

With the weather front that is moving in this game along with the Wednesday afternoon game vs KC might very well be postponed. We might have three PPDs in a row.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

OK, so its Hudson vs the lefty. We should see Albert.

I’m having Nooty withdrawal, need to get him in there somehow.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Yeah before bench rot sets in.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looking at the Doppler Radar it appears all clear in the St. Louis area. Apparently the bad storms are now being forecast for Wednesday. And I’ll be tuning in to Opening Day in Cincinnati today. Hope that one gets played.

Stay tuned…….

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Horrific lineup construction. Just terrible. Schildt the 2nd.

And it’s all over baseball as well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Apparently in spite of themselves, the Cards are 1st in the NL in both slugging and OPS.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If I may borrow from Pugs……taking a gander at the out-of-town scoreboard today.

In the home opener at Crosley Field the Indians led the Reds 4-0 but the Reds have dropped a 4-spot in the 6th on a two run double by India and then a 2-run dinger by Naquin.

And on the strength of two solo shots by Seiko Sukuzi (sp?) the Cubs lead 2-0 in the 7th at Forbes Field against the Pirates.

Radar shows all clear so tonight’s game should be good to go tonight at Sportsman’s Park.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice to see Tommy Edman being elevated in the batting lineup. Having him hitting last is akin to passing the ball to Kris Middleton only twice in an entire ballgame. Albert should yank one into the cheap seats tonight. Why don’t we call this one 7-4 Birds. Beautiful weather update, Rat. I do believe that Rat missed his true calling by not being the chief weatherman in a major market, such as LA or NY. Couldn’t you just picture Rat emphatically giving the weather lowdown, with his faithful pooch(WhiteyHerDog) at his side, jumping up and barking everytime Rat gets excited over an approaching thunderstorm. And finally, what’s for din-din tonight you may ask? Chicken…..and if you don’t put melted butter over your chicken, then you’re truly missing the boat. Chicken, mashed potatoes, asparagus spears, buttered pretzel roll, large hit fudge sundae and let’s wash her all down with some 100% pure Welch’s grape juice, shall we?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Speed at 6 and 7 instead of 8 and 9, I’m liking this better. Free Sosa!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The $6 Million dollar man hitting 8th. Maybe he will heat up.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The $6 million dollar man hitting 8th.

Loved that show as a child. Lee Majors was a major star back then. It’s like he’s dropped off the face of the planet. I’ll have to goggle him…..and Hudson sets them down 1-2-3….the first two via the K route.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s Lynch this Royals SP tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

First two Birds(Carlson & Goldy) whiff and then O’Neil lines a first pitch single to hopefully set the table for the sizzzzling hot hitting Arenado to inflict a little damage. And Arenado whallops a long liner to left ….back to the wall…..and gone!! 2-0 Good guys. Now Albert gets his teeth into one to left …and this is a no-doubter……long long gone!! Albert has returned……3-0. Tommy E. pops out but what a beautiful 1st inning she was.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Perez deposits a Hudson offering into the center field cheap seats to put KC in the scoring column, but luckily it came with no mates aboard. 3-1 Birds here in the top of the 2nd.

This place is deader than Wrigley Field in October. Where is everyone? Bling I know you’re mingling about. And where in blazes has the great Euro Dandy been? And I have the hunch that we have a newbie out there who would be a great game threader…….this is your call to come out and play.

Now Taylor drills a 2 run blast that just eclipses the center field barrier and just like that this game is knotted at 3.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson with 45 offerings thru 2 frames, which is the recipe for a 4 2/3 inning outing…..even shorter if he keeps issuing gopher balls like candy to a kindergartner. 3-3 as we mozzy along to the bottom of the 2nd.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Giving away a lead isn’t what I hoped to see from Hudson.

Sorry Pugs, I was making my grilled cheese and Crispy Crinkles.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sounds like some dandy ballgame delights, Bling. Catsup for those Crinkles?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

But of course.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You know Bling, I plagiarized your din-din a bit and have the wifey in the kitchen as we speak, making me a grilled cheese on white bread with tomato and some waffle fries. And this on the heels of a big chicken dinner.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

KC leaves a runner stranded at 2nd in the top of the 3rd and we’re still tied at 3. Only 11 pitches for Hudson this evening, which was just what the doctor ordered……thinking of famous baseball doctors……how about Doc Ellis….and Doc Medich……or how about Dr. Moonlight Graham from Chisholm, Minnesota.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I put some dill pickle slices on mine.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years