2022 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Tue 4/12 vs. Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 4 thread – Tue 4/12 vs. Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for that Bling…… I’ll have the wifey add that to my order.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! Arenado got around a bit too quickly on that laser shot to left or that would have been yet another tater. Card announcers say it registered 110 mph off his blazing bat. And now he strikes out. Teams remain deadlocked at 3 as we move along to inning #4.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When was the last time Goldy misplayed an easy fielding opportunity? A better question might be “has Goldy ever misplayed a routine fielding opportunity?”. Despite a rather funky infield single by Taylor that Arenado let slither on by him over the bag at 3rd, the Royals do not score in their half of the 4th. Sterling defensive play by Edman at 2nd with two outs to help make this happen.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert smokes a liner into left for a leadoff base knock to get the ball rolling for St. Louis here in the 4th.

Now Edman spanks a single to left and the Birds are really in business now with nobody out.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert seems to be moving pretty good. Maybe he will get a chance to score from 2nd here.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Not with those 2 chitty abs. Bader should’ve bunted in his ab and Dejong looked clueless. Yeah yeah it’s early and they’re about 2 weeks behind.

Knizner just launched one thank god! I would not sleep on his this year. He can be an asset.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader strikes out swinging for out #1. Cardinal runners still straddling 1st & 2nd bases.

Paulie does likewise as he couldn’t check his swing on an outside heater. Knizner is the only thing now standing in the way of missing a golden opportunity to reclaim the lead…..oh boy oh boy oh boy……he whacks a long one to left that has plenty of distance but is flirting with the foul pole…..it stays to the good side of it and it’s gone! 6-3 Good guys.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Booyah in the house…..sweet!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t expect to see Hicks in this game. Great chance for him to pick up the “W”.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

3 run homer is a good way to get Albert home from second base.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sure is Bling. Hicks walks the leadoff Royal here in the 5th….. don’t do that Mr. Hicks!

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Wow. No one is getting an6 good swings on Hicks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And Hicks immediately redeems himself by inducing Meriweather to rap into the pitcher’s very best friend……the 6-4-3 twin killing.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Hammer is in the house! This joint should get cooking now.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Welp. That was an encouraging inning for Jordy. You want movement? I can get you movement.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Paraphrasing Walter Sobchak..

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wasn’t able to watch early, how many pitches did Hudson throw. He wasn’t great but I believe in the end he will be fine for us. A lot of of the players talked about how it wasn’t a big deal they had a short spring but I think it effected the pitching. So I expect some struggles early for most pitchers. Only good thing about that is all teams will have that issue.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert swinging well tonight just like he did first game, just rewarded for it tonight. Would be nice to see bader put a nice swing on one. He’s back to not being aggressive, he needs to be more so early in count.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well too much air under ball again. Hit ball hard, not high.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think he logged about 65, Willie. Great “Big Lebo” reference, Hammer!…..now Albert rifles another base hit to left and he’s 3-3, which should do wonders as far as elevating his once non-existent batting average is concerned…..oh boy now Edman blisters a shot that will bang up against the left field wall for a double, with Albert coasting into 3rd.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks pugsley. That’s a good count for a first game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

70 pitches, 39 strikes for Hudson.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re welcome, Willie. Thanks to Bling’s usual due diligence, now we all know that I was 5 pitches off……which in the whole scheme of things, wasn’t a bad guess.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks is dishing tonight.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well 70 isn’t bad, has to throw more strikes though.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.