2022 Cardinals MLB Game 49 thread – Tuesday, May 31 vs. Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 49 thread – Tuesday, May 31 vs. Padres

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Just read through the Pugs pbp this morning. As much as I hate that dumb man-on-second start in extra innings rule I was happy with the result. All Waino’s good work and VerHegen gets the credit. Ain’t fair.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Don’t know if anyone noticed the Pujols, career walk-off stats offered by the Bally’s production crew last night. I guess that’s who does the stats. Before Pujols walked it off the graphic showed Pujols as having 15 career walk-offs (last one in 2011). While doing post game interviews in the dressing room the graphic showed 20 career walk-offs (last one in 2017). Then during the Pujols interview one of the reporters told Pujols that he thought he had 28 career walk-offs with the Cardinals (not career but with the Cardinals).

It appears the production crew is getting their stats from different sources and the reporting staff seems to be getting their stats from yet another source. There are all sorts of ramifications for giving out unreliable stats in this new generation of baseball.

I’m unaffected by this shortcoming (I do follow very basic line stats during a game) but I know people derive pleasure and money (betting) from stats. As long as the Cardinals aren’t doing it as part of their marketing, it’s seemingly harmless but it does make them look foolish. It might be important nowadays to give your source for stats before making claims. I mean if we are going to place such value on them.

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.