2022 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 22 at Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 22 at Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks for the weather report, stlcard25….I know that’s right in your neck of the woods. And thanks also to Cards667 for the Matz medical report. And my golly what a long two innings this had been…..we almost could have finished the book “War & Peace” in the amount of time this game has taken us thus far…..and Rondon allows one Pirate base hit this inning, but that’s the extent of his generosity to the home team, as we mozzy along to the 3rd inning in a 7-0 St. Louis ballgame.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3. Beede still throwing for the Pirates.

Dickerson lines it to left, but a diving Gamel will rob him of a hit.

Knizner grounds out to Castro at short.

Bader lines out to Hayes at 3rd and for the first time today, the Cards go down without inflicting any damage Pittsburgh’s way.

Cards 7
    Pirates 0

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Edman just mad a play that proves he’s above average SS, even if he was basically playing 2B with the shift, if Goldschmidt was at 1B it was an out. Throw was wide and Yepez didn’t come up with it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rondon another nice inning in the 3rd. So far in his *3 full innings of labor, he’s only allowed 1 hit and no runs.

* Inherited a 2-2 count to Hayes, leading off the game for Pittsburgh.

BrockLou
    Participant

Free

Given that Matz has an ERA over 6.00, maybe it would be better that his return to the rotation not be rushed

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These young guys are showing the veterans how to hit, except for Goldy. He already knows how.

I wish we could play the Pirates everyday.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately Matz continues to do his Jaime Garcia impersonation: ineffective, hurt, and on a long term deal.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4. Beede still center stage for Pittsburgh.

Edman… on 3-2 Tommy grounds a rather weak one out to VanMeter at 2nd and he’ll easily throw him out at 1st base.

Gorman gets totally jammed, but still manages to fly out to Gamel in straight away left field.

Arenado lines a base hit to left.

Arenado to 2nd on a Heineman pass ball.

Pez lines a shot….past the outstretched Castro at short and out into left center field for a hit and Arenado will score this game’s 8th run of the day…..all 8 owned by the St. Louis Cardinals.

Donovan goes the opposite way and pokes it into left for a hit…..Pez stopping at 2nd.

Sosa walks.

Dickerson smokes a liner into right for a hit….in trots Arenado….followed by Pez and now this game has turned into a total and unequivocal route as it’s 10-0 Cards. Beede’s day has concluded, as the hook is coming his way.

Pitching change:

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Scotty & BrockLou in the house…..how sweet is that!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong on for Pittsburgh in relief…..related to PDJ in any fashion?

Knizner… on 3-2 shoots a base hit up the middle and out into center for a hit and here comes Sosa with our 11th tally of the day

Bader with an “excuse me” swing that results in a slow roller out to VanMeter at 2nd and he’ll get thrown out at 1st to retire the side.

Cards 11
    Pirates 0

858booyah
    Participant

Free

BTW Peacock has movies and other shows besides Yellowstone. The Macgruber reboot was pretty good and they have Ray Donovan from Showtime which was excellent. Sure they have other content but don’t really watch that much of it. I Have the $5 sub.

BTW Jimmy sounding pretty good today on Peacock.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Indeed, “Yellowstone” and “Ray Donovan” both totally rock, Booyah.

And I do believe that Rondon has a very good opportunity to pick up the “W” today. He allows a walk in the 4th, but that’s it. He’s at 75 pitches…..still 11-0 Cards.

14NyquisT
    Participant

I already put Carlson and Matz on the IL. Why wait for the FO to tell us days later. Nootbaar should be getting a call any time now. He’s on the 40-man.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Ray Donovan is the man!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5. DeJong still on the hill for Pittsburgh.

Edman rips a liner, but unfortunately directly at VanMeter at 2nd for the out.

Gorman lines it to right, but Castillo will quickly race over towards the line to haul it in

Albert…..thar she blows!…..hit wayyy back to left and long gone…..12-0 Birds.

Pez

Cards 12
    Pirates 0

Ray certainly is just that, Nyquist…..great show.

And this will do it for today’s PBP, as this victory is safely tucked away in the bank and drawing interest as we speak.

Rondon sets them down 1-2-3 in the 5th.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

There not enough on there for me to keep it all the time. Luckily I still have it this month and can watch today. Already paying DirecTV Stream $100 and Netflix is $16. If I could get the Cardinals and Indiana basketball without having to have DirecTV, or switching to just as expensive Spectrum, then I’d cancel “cable” and have multiple streaming services, but definitely not paying more than I already have to.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Did I read that correct? Albert Pujols homered? Even so, I still say the writing is on the wall.

Din-din today is a repeat of yesterday. And since this game is pretty much decided I’ll probably flip back and forth between the PGA Championship and the Reds/Toronto game.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert…..thar she blows!…..hit wayyy back to left and long gone…..12-0 Birds.

In my more youthful days, I would go to Pittsburgh around once a year to watch the Cards play the Pirates. I’m pretty sure Albert homered in every game I watched him play there; it was uncanny. Of course the Pirates were also bad in those days so it helped.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It seems like Rondon has been in the organization since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

We saw in Memphis that he does better in a relief role, but I wonder if we will see him get a start.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Albert has jacked quite a few in Pittsburgh over the years, stlcard25. His homer today puts that lofty number at 31. And Rat? Sometimes I get the feeling that you’re a closet Cincinnati Reds fan.

Yes, Rondon pitched very well today, Bling. We should see him again in another 5 days.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

tHIRD HIT FOR gORMAN. gEE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THIS KID MUST BE TRUE.

Carter Le Grand
    Participant

Free

OMFG 13 runs and I missed it all! What time did this game start???

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

10:30 am STL time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards belting the crafty Pittsburgh righty, VanMeter, here in the 9th. Bader took him deep and Albert another homer, this one a 3 run jack and it’s 18-0 Cards. Pirates have found themselves on the wrong end of a few lopsided affairs this year. They opened the season by being drubbed 9-0 by these Redbirds. Then the cubbies, of all teams, belted them 21-0 back in April at Wrigley. Then last month the cubs lambasted them yet again 9-0. And now this 18-0 thrashing at the hands of the Birds. And the season is still relatively young.

Game started at 10:35a, Carter…..you were still counting sheep at that time.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi pitching now…we’ve had some doozies this season for sure.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years