2022 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 22 at Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 41 thread – Sunday, May 22 at Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

10:35 a.m.
    LH Steven Matz (3-3, 6.03) vs. TBA
    Peacock // KMOX

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Any word on who the analyst from the Cardinals will be for Peacock?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I believe they said Jim Edmonds will be the analyst.

And Pujols is now just barely above the .200 mark. How much longer will it be?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What the heck is Peacock?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Peacock? Perhaps it means the game will be seen on NBC?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

While I know last week’s Boston and White Sox was on NBC and Peacock, today’s is Peacock only as my NBC is showing Tennis and Indy 500 qualifying on today.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I may be the only person on the planet who doesn’t know the answer to this question, but why do the Cardinals have a uniform design they only wear on Saturdays, whether at home or on the road? Seems like a terrible waste of money for no discernable purpose.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

They can sell more jerseys doing that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Peacock is NBC’s streaming service. The two are t the same thing. I think at one time the ad supported model was free but may not be anymore.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

There is a limited library that is free, their full ad supported library library $5/month, and then there is a ad free one thats somewhere around $12-15/month. I only know because I get the $5 one when Yellowstone is added for a month and then cancel it.
    And yes a paid version is required to watch today.
    Baseball REALLY needs to fix their TV and all these streaming services are it, unless 1 had complete exclusive rights and you could watch any game you choose without blackouts. There are only 2 services that carry Bally Sports, DirecTV and Spectrum, both costing $100+/month, them have to have Peacock to watch today, Apple if I wanted to watch Friday and I refuse to give Apple a dime so I wouldn’t do that. It’s just frustrating as can be.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Edman 6
    Gorman 4
    Arenado DH
    Yepez 3
    Donovan 9
    Sosa 5
    Dickerson 7
    Knizner 2
    Bader 8

osuagec
    Participant

Free

Just paid Peacock $5 so I can watch the game. Plan to binge watch Yellowstone also then will cancel.

osuagec
    Participant

Free

Broadcast stated Libatore was sent back to Memphis. Didn’t say who was called up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Wilson pitching for Pittsburgh today.

Edman with a base hit to open matters up.

Edman swipes 2nd base.

Gorman drills a scorching shot ….that will split the outfielders in right center and go all the way to the wall ….Tommy E. is rounding 3rd and coming on home and he’ll score the game’s first run on Gorman’s first career rbi and double.

Arenado flies out to fairly deep right field.

Pez strikes out swinging.

Donovan flies out to left.

Cards 1
    Pirates 0

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Roster is showing Angel Rondon is active

Cards667
    Participant

Free

And now coming in for the injured Matz after 4 pitches.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And 4 pitches into this game, Steven Matz will be exiting it due to some sort of injury.

Angel (properly pronounced “An-hell”) Rondon is your new Redbird hurler. Even though the Cards aren’t batting, let’s briefly stay with things shall we?

Angel inherits a 2-2 count and promptly makes quick work of Hayes via the whiff route.

Reynolds walks.

Chavis laces a base hit to left with Reynolds stopping at 2nd.

Gamel

osuagec
    Participant

Free

Matz removed after 4 pitches for apparent injury. Rondon now pitching.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Somehow the Cards never seem to have enough good pitching depth, no matter how many pitchers we sign. Hopefully Matz isn’t out long. I’d imagine Liberatore comes back up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gamel flies out to Dickerson in short left field.

Castillo on 3-2 flies out to Dickerson in straight away left field.

Cards 1
    Pirates 0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At this point din din is coffee and toast. 10:30 am on Peakock. jeesh. I will tune in KMOX while I’m cleaning up the garage.

I like Edman, Gorman at the top of the lineup.

So much for the GG defense.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Sosa rips a liner into right for a leadoff base knock.

Dickerson walks on 4 consecutive Wilson wrong ones…..nice start to the Cardinal 2nd inning…. let’s seize a nice lead here.

Knizner strikes out swinging on the minimum number of pitches it takes to do so.

Bader pokes a base hit to left and Sosa will score without a throw home….. Dickerson will have to stop his advancement at 2nd base and it’s 2-0 Good Guys.

Edman ….a few ominous black clouds around the stadium. We may have to check with RatsBuddy about an updated greater Pittsburgh weather report. Tommy drills a drive to deep right…..back and it bangs high up off the wall….in comes Dickerson with Bader right behind him and it’s 4-0 Cards on the Edman double.

Gorman lofts a base hit into right…. Tommy E. will slap on the brakes at 2nd.

Arenado flies out to Castillo in short right field over near the line and the speedy Edman will avoid the catcher’s tag and score the 5th Cardinal run. And Nolan Arenado will say “thanks a bunch Tommy” for turning that short fly ball out into an rbi sac fly for him.

Pez

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pez walks and that right there will result in Wilson exiting this ballgame as his skipper is coming to get him.

Tyler Beede the new Pirate pitcher.

Donovan….and Gorman comes an eyelash away from getting picked off at 2nd by the catcher Heineman. On 3-2 rips a liner that’ll go in between the outfielders and head all the way near the right center field wall….in comes Gorman….in comes Pez and the floodgates have opened here in the 2nd to the tune of a 7-0 Cardinal lead! Double for Donovan.

Sosa sizzles a grounder but it’s right at Hayes at 3rd and he’ll glove it and throw Sosa out at 1st.

Cards 7
    Pirates 0

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s a line of rain/storms approaching western PA now. If the game gets delayed it should only be brief. Better yet, let’s get this one through 5 and call it.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Matz left with shoulder stiffness

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years