2022 Cardinals MLB Game 40 thread – Saturday, May 21 at Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 40 thread – Saturday, May 21 at Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:25 p.m.
    LHP Matthew Liberatore (MLB debut) vs. LHP José Quintana (1-1, 2.19 ERA)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Hopefully Liberatore can be good from the get go. The staff needs it as Flaherty seems to be permanently injury prone.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess we are waiting for the roster move(s). Active and 40 man.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea I think it’s time to realize that flaherty may never come back. At least not the flaherty we knew. We have had a few of these guys who were outstanding at first but couldn’t stay healthy.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree about not counting on Flaherty. Its one thing or another, and shoulders are unpredictable. I don’t think the shift to the 60 day means anything one way or the other, as it would be backdated. Evrything is on track if you want to believe Jack and Ollie. http://www.mlb.com/news/jack-flaherty-progressing-in-return-from-shoulder-inflammation

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Very excited about tonight’s game and will be tuned in from pitch one. The best part of Gormans debut was 0 strikeouts in my opinion.
    Since everyone comments on their “din-dins” on here, I will be ordering a pizza from a place actually called “Chicago Pizza”, a large sausage for me and a cheese only for Mrs.CardsFanInChitown

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It looks all clear weather wise for tonight’s titanic struggle in Pittsburgh. However, we here in SW Indiana appear on the verge of some rain and storms in the next hour or so according to the Doppler Radar.

Din-din today will be a couple of chicken thighs in the air fryer, mashed potatoes, Pringles bar-b-q chips, a Mt. Dew, and some chocolate ice cream.

The Reds game at Toronto is at 3:00 and that should just about take me to the Cards game tonight in Pittsburgh.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

We really need to stack a few wins here and start looking like a future champion should look. If it’s gotta be the youngsters, so be it. Rah Cardinals!

Din-din tonight was veal cutlet and mushrooms in a cream sauce with a big salad. Perhaps a chocolate sundae a bit later to round things out.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

And I forgot to mention the brown rice.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Rat be careful up there in your area Mt. Carmel appears to have another tornado in the area, looks like just some heavy rain in my area.
    Looking forward to watching Gorman and Liberatore today.

bccran
    Participant

Din-din tonight will be Buccaneer meat.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Zuech was the 40 man DFA and Walsh to AAA

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You totally had me at “din-din tonight”…..but then discouragingly lost me at “Buccaneer meat”, Cranny. One of these years, Cranny just may shock the Cardinal Nation world by giving us a real din-din revelation. Never ever forget the brown rice, Cardinal In France. And it definitely warmed the cockles of my heart seeing CardsFanInChiTown weigh in with his Chicago pizza din-din delight. Also, it’s extremely refreshing seeing Rat gobbling down the din-dins with reckless abandon once again after a short stint on the din-din DL due to illness. Keep em coming, Rat! Din-din for yours truly tonight with be fresh lemon ladden sea bass over a bed of wild Minnesotan brown rice, asparagus spears, spinach salad and 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies to boot. No din-din for Wooster, Mr. Perkins or stlcard25 this evening??

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I might have to counter “Chicago Pizza” with “Old St. Louis Chop Suey”. They have killer egg foo young.

I will get my first look at Gorman today. I understand he is Ryne Sandberg and Babe Ruth all in one.

But wait, there’s more. The second coming of Steve Carlton. We may never lose again!

bccran
    Participant

On a diet, so din-din would be boring to all.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    5. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Harrison Bader (R) CF

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

For publicity alone I’m surprised Gorman isn’t starting, but Quintana would be a rough matchup for him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe sitting Gorman down today is kind of like the owners of Rich Strike opting their Kentucky Derby winner out of today’s Preakness, in that you have to do what’s right for the horse. We still have a couple pretty exciting new horses to trot out there today in Juan “Pez” Yepez and Libby. Can’t wait for the first pitch……of the bottom of the 1st inning instead of the top, in this particular instance.
    The egg foo young sounds like a winner, Bling. I think I’d rather have that than the Chilean sea bass that the wifey has on tap for me tonight.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Quintana would be a rough matchup for him

Still, its his tv debut and he’s not in the lineup. If he is supposed to be an everyday 2B we will have to live with .200 vs lefties.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The egg foo young isn’t a done deal yet. I’m still maneuvering for position.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

I suppose that one man’s nitpick is another man’s legitimate complaint, but this is at least the third time this year that Marmol has batted Harry Bader 9th against a lefty pitcher. Which of course makes zero sense, given that Bader has slugged nearly .500 against them for his career.

Moreover, the Birds are on the road right now, and Bader away from Busch has been an excellent hitter for his MLB career as well, slashing .276/.343/.474. Add it all up, and by my back-of-the-napkin estimate, Bader on the road versus southpaws probably has a career OPS around .900.

And he’s hitting 9th tonight. To me, 6th or even 5th would make sense. (Now watch, he’ll go 0-5 with a golden sombrero.)

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know armchair managers are a dime a dozen, but it’s pretty darn obvious that BobbyReed would make one whale of a real life skipper.

cardsfan64
    Participant

Free

Dickerson now replacing Bader in the lineup tonight.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    5. Juan Yepez (R) RF
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years