2022 Cardinals MLB Game 16 thread – Tuesday, April 26 vs. Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 16 thread – Tuesday, April 26 vs. Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Jordan Hicks (1-1, 1.29) vs. RHP Chris Bassitt (2-1, 3.00)
    BSM // TBS // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

In light of what just transpired on Monday night would we say this is an important game? Losing streaks sometimes start with crazy stuff. I don’t want us to have a Reds-like streak.

r/Esteemed Rat

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Crazy how an errand throw that would have ended the game, makes a 2-0 game into a 2-5 game. Yea it’s a big game because we’re finally playing a good team. Can’t get good unless you play good teams.

I loved Marmol’s intensity after the game though. Today’s game will be big to see how the team gets after it.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Weather appears all clear tonight in the greater St. Louis metro area. Should be a game time temp of around 60, a little on the cool side.

I am hoping to get home in time to catch the first pitch. I am attending the big local meeting on the Mid States Corridor, the proposed new road that hooks up I-69 and I-64. The proposed path runs right through my property – at least the eastern boundary does. Many local folks are against the Mid States Corridor but I hope it goes through and they take my property. Of course, I assume they will give me a nice big chunk of $$$ in the process.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Mid States Corridor passes and they want to buy your property, maybe you could sweeten the deal for them by tossing in WhiteyHerDog too, Rat? Could equate to not one….not two…..not three….but four weekly trips to your favorite Amish restaurant, The Gasthof.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Whitey Herdog is going nowhere. She is staying by my side. Period. Under any and all circumstances. No matter what. Until the Lord calls her home to Puppy Heaven and she is then united with Cleo and Ralph the Bruiser, my two other Dachshunds.

Besides, I am fortunate in that she lets me sleep in her bed every night..:)

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s the 21st century, Rat….where everything has a price tag attached to it. I love my pooch immensely, but wave six figures for him in front of my nose and I’d be out dog shopping the very next day.

Coming directly on the heels of what occurred last night, the outcome of this game is going to reveal much as to what kind of grit, intensity and overall character that this 2022 St. Louis squad possesses. I wouldn’t expect big defensive plays out of Arenado this evening. If I were a betting man, I’d put the over/under of Arenado errors in tonight’s game at one and one-half. Go Birds!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I think Nolan gets back on the horse and makes the usual outstanding defensive gem as is his norm. The pros have done this over and over and a gaffe now and then does not get them rattled – at least not the best of the best.

They just make it look so routine that we forget how tough it is to play the game. I am reminded of a “low light” that is on the 1964 season highlights record album. Big game against Cincinnati. Cards are winning in the ninth on the road, but the Reds have the bases loaded. We pick up Harry’s call: “Ground ball to third – (voice accelerates) – Right through Boyer’s legs!!! Two runs are gonna score!! The game is over!!! (voice goes to more of a dejected tone). Boy, I don’t know how we can lose some of these ball games, but we do.”

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If Carlson doesn’t offensively put something together soon, he might need to experience Memphis again for a while.

No score after 1

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is still possible to win without Noot.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks nailed on the wrist by a liner right back at him off the bat of Smith. Adam Olson(trainer) bolts out there to check him out and after a quick exam, gives Hicks a clean bill of health to resume play.

Arenado’s first throw to 1st is a true one.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Pugs those pop ups are killers. 2 guys on too. Din-din tonight was Taco Tuesday. Speaking of dogs my wife gave 2 of my tacos to the dog.Gonna make a toasted ham w melted cheese bagel now! They have to give you market value Rats. Not assessed value which is lower. Got the game here on TNT tonight. Expecting us to bounce back tonight. Probably will since we’re playing at home. Go Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Din-din for me today was a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some baked beans from the deli at the grocery, and a yellow cake with chocolate icing. Along with a Mt. Dew.

I am back from the Mid-States Corridor meeting. Missed the top of the 1st. Me and Whitey Herdog are now on the couch, along with the usual 7×50 Palma Real Presidente cigar.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Since this one is on TBS and I have a limited TV package for an NFL Draft party on Thursday and it includes TBS…I’m tuning in for my first game of the year. Hopefully this will spur the Cards to victory. Looks like we are scoreless as we move to the 3rd.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What in the world was that defensive positioning? Carlson looked like he was playing CF, it took so long for him to get to the ball.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Double-double from the Mets’ 8 and 9 hitters and that’s the first Met run.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster & Rat both weigh in with a couple of dandy din-dins. That ham and melted cheese bagel is one I’m going to have to concoct tomorrow morning for breakfast. My din-din tonight was 2 chicken breasts from Popeye’s, red bean & rice, large jalapeno pepper and 3 cinnamon apple pies.

The Mets drill back-to-back doubles off Hicks to open inning #3. 1-0 Mets and they’re looking for more.

Glad to have you, stlcard25!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Don’t see the ball get behind Bader very often. Hope they wake up soon.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a walk and that’s it for Hicks. Maybe my presence is not helping our Redbirds. Ouch.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Best thing at Popeyes Cinamon Apple Pies! Need some vanilla ice cream with it!

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Tonight’s din-din was fish tacos with cabbage, pico de Gallo, crema & salsa.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hicks getting yanked with nobody out here in the 3rd. He threw 41 pitches in his 2 official innings, giving up 1 earned run and he’s responsible for the two Mets occupying 1st & 2nd bases.

Andre Pallante on in relief….. hopefully very long relief.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

My wife took off my lucky Cardinals shirt last night when we jumped ahead (shes a Met) and thats when things turned bad. I’m sure its not you Stlcard. Some guys not coming thru again

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Also, I wish we had Brandon Nimmo as a leadoff hitter. The guy is like peak Matt Carpenter level annoying to pitchers.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Whoof. Not the start I was anticipating or hoping for.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.