2022 Cardinals MLB Game 155 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 27 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 155 thread – Tuesday, Sept. 27 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

stlcard25…You are right. I just looked it up, but I would have bet a dollar that Jordan had been awarded at leat one GG. Brian Jordan really excelled in all facets of the game. He was just as good and in my mind, better, than both Sanders and Jackson insofar as being a standout two sports player. Not in football, but certainly the game of baseball.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Din-din today is a Subway steak and cheese with lettuce, onions, mayo, and mustard. Along with a couple ears of sweet corn, a Pepsi, and some vanilla soft serve ice cream from the Dairy Master. Yum yum!

Bought me a new 2023 Ford Mustang GT today. Well, I ordered it, that is……

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

My hope for the series is Wong doesn’t hit any homers.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Brendan Donovan (L) 2B
    2. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF
    6. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Tommy Edman (S) SS

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Today’s game thread trivia questions could be characterized as both relatively easy and relatively difficult. I’d day most of our elite squad of experts either know or could submit a good guess as to the players that have been awarded the most GG awards at each position. This GG award question pertains to both the NL and the AL…

1. By position, who is the player who has been voted the most GG awards in each the NL and AL league. The OF will have a total of 3 players for each league for a grand total of 6 players.. All other positions will have 1 player for each the NL and AL. By position, who is the player that has been voted the most GG’s at their respective positions in each the NL and the AL?

2. Most are aware of who was voted the most GG’s at the 1B position as a Cardinal player. Who is the former Cardinal player whp places 2nd for most GG’s at the 1B position?

As it is fitting, no hand stitched oven mitts autographed by Bill Buckner will be awarded for the correct answers to today’s trivia sweepstakes…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Bling…Wong has been a headache for the Cardinals since he left town.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Din-din today is a Subway steak and cheese with lettuce, onions, mayo, and mustard

Had that new one they call The Outlaw yesterday for lunch. Got to say it was quite good.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I don’t mind the lineup at all, but personally I’d probably hit Edman 2, Nootbaar 5, Dickerson 7, Carlson 9

Cards667
    Participant

Free

1td, that a lot

1)
    NL C – (edit) Bench
    NL SS- Ozzie
    NL 3B- Boyer or Rolen?

AL 1B- Donnie baseball?
    That’s all the guesses I have off the top of my head

2) Keith Hernandez. Unless he’s 1. Albert has a couple.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O’Neill is IL, Gorman is demoted and Yepez / Burleson still can’t make the starting lineup.

Tough lineup to force your way into.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I’d hit the LF 7th and rotate it between Dickerson, Burleson, Yepez. Probably some DH for Yepez and Burleson too, but I’ll admit it’s tough to take Albert out right now.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

stlcard25…Bench at C and Smith at SS are correct for the NL. Mattingly at 1B is also correct for the AL. The Cardinal second place most GG’s at 1B is incorrect.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well I might get to watch tonight’s game. It’s not on West coast, apple tv, and I don’t have my little grandson to watch. Hopefully we can win and get on a roll here.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

NL P Maddux
    AL P Kaat
    NL OF Mays
    NL 3B Schmidt

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

AL C Rodgriguez

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

AL OF Griffey Jr

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

NL 2B Sax
    AL 2B Knoblauch
    I feel like I’m really on target with these two.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

It’ll be interesting to see how both the Redbirds and MIL respond to the subsequent consequences of the outcome of tonight’s ballgame. The Cardinals can snatch the NLC crown. It’s right there in front of them. The Brewers are faced with the task of survival. They’re rapidly approaching the disappearance of the chance for the final remaining WC berth. I’m guessing that by the 5th inning, we should be able to tell which team came to play for the respective reward that the outcome of this game has to offer.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Haha! Those are both wrong answers, however both of those 2B guys are happy owners of mulitple Bill Buckner autographed oven mitts of which they proudly display in their trophy cases along with their other prized possessions from their legendary playing days…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…As I should have expected, you aced all of the other answers that you’ve so far submitted. It’s difficult to sneak one past you…Nice work! However, your two 2B answers will have a profound negative impact on your overall baseball trivia WAR rating…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’m really surprised that no one knows the Cardinal who won the second most GG’s at the 1B position. Even George Castanza knows who won the most and he’s a Yankee fan…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Haha, I believe Sax and Knoblauch caused more black eyes to fans behind the dugout than Mike Tyson did to other boxers during his entire boxing career. I never understood how a guy just forgets how to throw a ball. Add Ankiel too that club too. Yet on another note, throwing a ball is evidently not all that natural. I lived in Europe for a few years and so many of those guys can’t do a simple throwing motion with a ball, while we see it as routine for most boys/men here. Not enough football and baseball played there.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Yep, but Ankiel gets a pass. He forgot how to pitch a baseball, but he certainly didn’t forget how to throw one. In regards to Europe, I was amazed at how popular baseball was in your old stomping grounds, the Netherlands. My across the stasse neighbor in Steinbach am Glan, Germany actually took me to see a professional Dutch baseball game in Haarlem.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Okay, I’ll add a couple more guesses

NL OF Clemente
    NL 1B Hernandez (I stayed away from this one because I thought 667 kind of answered it and would come back with this answer when Hernandez wasn’t the answer to #2. If true, he should get the mitt.)

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Both Clemente in the NL OF and Hernandez at 1B in the NL are correct! Card667 aced the AL 1B position with Don Mattingly. I didn’t expect anyone to get that one so quickly. The 3 AL OF’ers are pretty difficult. One in particular.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.