2022 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Friday, August 5 vs. Yankees

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Friday, August 5 vs. Yankees

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great game and win for the Redbirds! Pallante pitched well and held the Yanks down until the offense could push some runs across the plate. Good team win.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For a person growing up in a small village, this crowd of 47000 people coming out of the stadium is a sight to see. Traffic is rediculous. Waiting it out, I just hate driving in this kind of mess. Where I live now in Evansville has lots of traffic but nothing like this.One other thing I noted. They check everyone through a metal detector going in but it’s when people are leaving that you could do the worst damage with a weapon.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Willie – you are much better off staying at a hotel in downtown if you are driving from Evansville.

47,000 people trying to leave at once will always be a nightmare.

The reason they check you going in is so you don’t have a weapon on the way out…

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea but a person killing people isn’t too interested in the game so they would just come down as game was ending. Yea I usually do stay in hotel but I just didn’t want to spend that cash this time. Even if I had a hotel, unless it was right by stadium, I still have to get to it.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Man oh man oh man! We beat the mighty Yanks! The best kind of morning wake-up read there is. Pugs’ PBP was almost as good as being there. I’ll watch the MLB-TV replay as soon as I’ve had breakfast.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To be fair, they were missing two of their regulars but still a nice win.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson with a GmSc of 36, 4 IP, 3 ER, 50% GB%, WHIP 2.25
    Pallante 4 IP, 0 ER, 54.5 GB%, WHIP 1.25

PDJ with a clutch 2 out double to drive in the winnings runs. All 4 runs by 2 out RBI, from the 6,7 and 8 batters.

Helsley slams the door shut with save number 10.
    Carlson and Edman were 0 for 8, no walks.

Since his call up 6 games ago, PDJ is batting .211
    He also has a .632 slg%, a .965 ops and 6 RBI.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great win and lots of clutch performances on both sides of the ball.

You get the sense this club is on the verge of a nice August-September run. Now these Yankees could easily come back and win the next two – they are really good. But still the Cardinals have that look of a team coming together. Let’s hope that is the case.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Most security screenings are for show — not real protection.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I thought Helsley was the best of the best also until I saw the stats of Edwin Diaz of the Mets. Particularly over the last 2-3 months. Dias Will be a FA at the end of the year and is in for a huge payday. Maybe $18-$20 million per year

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m going to hold off total sell out praise for the team based off the one win. It was a nice win but if rizzo and Stanton were healthy, more than likely different outcome. The four spot hurt the Yankees and that is torres. How they can have him batting ahead of Donaldson I don’t know. Torres may be the worst hitter I’ve ever seen. That’s on the coach though for putting him there.

bccran
    Participant

Those crowds are just Cardinal fans rooting for their favorite team. It’s fun to people watch.

Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.