2022 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Friday, August 5 vs. Yankees

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Friday, August 5 vs. Yankees

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (6-6, 4.10) vs. LHP Nestor Cortes (9-3, 2.53)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

1982 willie
    Participant

I am going to this game. Would have preferred Saturday but they jacked up the prices for it. Was thinking about going to one more, maybe the 1982 celebration coming up but I’m a little disappointed in the direction of this team and the jacked up prices for some of these games so this will probably be my one game this year.

1982 willie
    Participant

I see cortes is supposed to pitch. That will be a nice bonus. He seems like a really good pitcher.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I became very sick of Carp, but it will be good to see him back here at Busch for a visit. IMO his downfall was an organization system not flexible and prescient enough to work with his style of play and attributes. Insisting that a square peg remake itself to conform to a round hole. I hope he can somehow manage to do well this weekend without contributing to any Cards losses.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I became very sick of Carp, but it will be good to see him back here at Busch for a visit. IMO his downfall was an organization system not flexible and prescient enough to work with his style of play and attributes. Insisting that a square peg remake itself to conform to a round hole. I hope he can somehow manage to do well this weekend without contributing to any Cards losses.

Carp was one of my all time favorite Cardinals. It’s a bit of a shame that his renaissance came in NY as it would be cool to be able to celebrate him with Albert, Yadi and Waino this year. But it didn’t work out that way, and I wish Carp all the success in the world… except if it costs us any games this weekend.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea I was a big fan of carp for a long time but things run their course. A lot of times it’s good for a player to move on from a team, good for them and the team. I hope he continues to do well.

bccran
    Participant

Is it smart to pitch Montgomery against the Yankees, with all the emotion he’s feeling?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is it smart to pitch Montgomery against the Yankees, with all the emotion he’s feeling?

There is the chance he will be mentally distracted, but its not like we have Cy Young ready to go instead. We are pretty well prepared to deal with a short start if it happens and we have lots of practice at that.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t we still need an active roster move to clear space for Montgomery?

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Zack Thompson was sent down

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals seem to have a little pep in their step since the deadline. Shoring up the rotation seems to have lifted some spirits. Rising tide lifts all boats and all that. On the flip side the Brewers have been reeling since the deadline. The Hader trade may have taken the wind out of their sails.

Of course our competition gets much stiffer this weekend.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

I know this has been asked before but since I am fairly new to the board, anyone has any theories why McFarland is still on the roster? I guess every team needs a mop up guy to take one for the team once in a while but he has been really bad so far.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Kramer Robertson is back. VerHagen to 60 day for the 40 man spot
    When I say back I just mean they claimed him back and option him to AAA.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oliver I think its because his contract is for $2.5 million this year and they don’t want to just eat it. Possibly they hope he will become more useful at some point since he did ok last year.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I called it in one of these threads. I said something along the lines of hopefully that means McFarland is gone, but I’m sure they will just option Thompson. It’s a shame. Thompson is so much more useful than McFarland.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch and tuned in for this one. Along with a couple of 7×50 Palma Real Presidente cigars. Then later in the evening we will watch the remainder of the Padres and Dodgers from Dodger Stadium. Along with another cigar, most likely.

Din-din today was a trip to Lakeview, the Amish restaurant that sits on the lake north of town. Today’s feast included five (5) catfish fiddlers, mashed potatoes/gravy, dressing, noodles, sweet tea, and some vanilla soft serve ice cream.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Five fiddlers! Wow that is impressive.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    2. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tonight’s game will be Nootbaars 10th GS in a row, in RF. Tonight will make 18 in a row for Carlson in CF.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a sad note…..The Cubs get two runs in the last of the 8th and beat Miami today by the score of 2-1. Willson Contreras, the 2023 everyday catcher for the Redbirds, slammed a two run homer in the last of the 8th for the win.

And we stand to lose a game or two this weekend. Whilst we have the Yankees the Brewers are hosting the Reds in Milwaukee at County Stadium. I’ll keep you posted as to the status of Front Row Amy.

r/Esteemed Rat

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

July 14th, the last time the Stl lineup was shutout.

Since 7-15 they have averaged 5.7 R/G with a 9-4 W/L.

In the four losses they scored 5,3,3 and 6 runs.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hope we can get at least one of these this weekend. The Yankees are in another stratosphere this year.

But after this we travel to Denver and get a Rockies’ club that is down. I have a ticket to the Thursday afternoon affair. Always enjoy bantering with some of the many Cardinal fans that attend the game out here, and seeing our club first hand.

First things first though – let’s keep this good play going and compete this weekend.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Five Fiddlers! Wow that is impressive.

Rat doesn’t fiddle around when it comes to his fiddlers, Bling. Truth be told, I don’t think Rat actually gulps down all 5 fiddlers by himself, as I believe his beloved pooch gets in on the fiddler action too.

We’ll take 2-3 from these New Yorkers. In a series such as this, the cream (Goldy & Gorman in this case) will definitely rise to the surface. I’m not sure which of these games that the Yanks will take, but a somewhat wild guess would say they’ll take Willie’s game(Saturday). I’m chomping at the bit to see Helsley blow these Yankees away. Let’s play a little baseball shall we?

1982 willie
    Participant

Eh rats, I’m here at the game tonight. Would have preferred Saturday but they jacked those tickets up I guess for the Joe Torre bobblehead giveaway. Cortes is going tonight so unless Hudson is top notch or cortes is off I don’t see us winning. But you never know. I’ve been a fan of both teams since I was real young so I can’t lose either way.

1982 willie
    Participant

Sorry it was pugsley who said that, I just caught the rats part in his words and it stuck in my head

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.