2022 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Friday, August 5 vs. Yankees

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 106 thread – Friday, August 5 vs. Yankees

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Make sure to stay hydrated willie, cost is no object. I think it will take us a while to get to their pitching, so ours will have to keep it tight until the thunder of our lumber echoes around the ballpark.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat was thinking it though. Have a great time at the ole’ ballpark tonight, Willie. P.S. I never knew you were a closet Yanks fan. I think Mr. Cortes is in for a rough night. I’m calling it 8-4 Cards.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

The org loves Dakota’s ball in play approach. Lets see how that plays vs mlbs highest scoring lineup (R/G).

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Rizzoli stiff back
    Stanton IL

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson couldn’t get Carp to chase anything off the plate.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The yanks were the first team I remember seeing much because they were in playoffs a lot and that was when Reggie Jackson was big news. so through that I started watching Cardinals more but I’ve kept my fandom for both. Some would say I’m chasing winners but it started early when I was pretty young so I don’t consider it as such.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I’m the same way with the Pirates, Willie. Clemente hooked me.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson has thrown a lot of pitches as usual but has escaped major damage. Getting that double play was huge with judge coming up

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We’ve been making contact at least. Maybe we square it up at some point.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Special programming note***. You can find the first inning and one half over on the Brewers thread as someone in production messed up. My sincerest apologies to any discomfort this may have caused. A very hardy THANK-YOU to JJ for discovering the problem…….thanks J.J.! Cards get a much needed twin killing to end the N.Y. 2nd with no damage inflicted. Dakota at 40 pitches thru 2.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2.

Arenado walks.

Albert flies out to Benintendi in short left field just inches inside the chalk.

O’Neill strikes out swinging…..Cortes’ first on the evening.

DeJong walks……and Paulie has been doing a better job of drawing free passes since being brought back up…..keep it up big guy!

Yadi

Yanks 1
    Cards 0

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both pitchers have thrown a lot of pitches.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Continuation of bottom of the 2nd.

Yadi a base hit to center to bring Arenado home with the tying run. DeJong holding at 2nd.

Nooty pops out to 1st.

Cards 1
    Yanks 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Geesh this Judge is a big dude! He’s the biggest judge I’ve seen since Herman Munster played a judge in that Joe Pesci comedy from about 20 years ago …..which was a great movie, but one that I cannot recall it’s name.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carp rips another base hit to right which sends Judge over to 3rd with no outs. Dakota is in a speck of trouble now. Torres strikes out swinging for the second consecutive time. Donaldson blisters a base hit to center and here comes the Judge with the go ahead run. Carp stopped at 2nd base. Benintendi flies out routinely to O’Neill in left and if Hudson can escape this inning with only one run worth of damage, it’ll be a good thing ……and there it is .. Ralph Kiner Jr. grounds out to Edman at 2nd.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Hudson stays out of big inning again 2-1 yanks

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3.

Carlson cracks his bat on a little flair to 2nd base that Lemahieu brings back down to earth with a short hop in the air.

Edman grounds it out to Donaldson at 3rd…who drops it and then quickly regrabs it and fires a strike over to 1st base to just nip the fleet footed Tommy E. You will not see a play like that very often where an infielder has the ball glance off his glove and then has the time to throw out Edman at 1st base.

Goldy strikes out swinging.

Yanks 2
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson works a perfect 4th ……74 pitches thru 4 complete.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That was Cousin Vinny Pugs. How can you forget a movie with Marisa Tomei.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4.

Arenado pops out to the 1st baseman Lemahieu….hey I thought Lemahieu was playing 2nd base tonight…..I might have to hire myself a new spotter for up here in the booth…..any suggestions?

Albert flies out to short left field.

O’Neill grounds out to 3rd and Cortes only has to extend 5 pitches of energy to dispatch out Redbirds here in the 4th.

Yanks 2
    Cards 1

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well judge gets a bloop single and Hudson is coming out.pallante in in his new old role.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Cousin Vinny”…….a true classic. And yes indeed, Marisa was Lovely with a capital “L”, Bling. It really was a fun movie. I cannot recall the judge’s name, but boy did he ever nail that part!

And speaking of judges, a Judge base hit is sending Hudson to the showers here in inning #5.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Neil Pallante on in relief and I’m still dazed and confused as to why/how Pallante was sent to the pen. Yes, we needed help there, but Neil was doing just fine as a starter …..hope the move doesn’t toy unfavorably with his game.

Well we finally retired Carp, though he does move Judge on over to 3rd on the grounder to the right side. Infield base hit for Torres and here comes the Judge scampering on home for the second time tonight it’s now 3-1 Yanks. Donaldson strikes out swinging and they have Torres hung out to dry between 1st and 2nd base and they’ll run him on down to complete the DP….we needed that!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5.

DeJong strikes out swinging.

Yadi grounds it with authority to 3rd, but right into Donaldson’s waiting mitt and he’ll scoop her on up and throw out Yadi by about 2 country miles give or take an acre or two.

Nooty walks.

Carlson flies out to Judge in short right field and we still have accrued only one base hit tonight off Cortes……by Yadi way back in the 2nd.

Yanks 3
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Check out some of those ladies seated behind home plate…..they are watching anything but the ballgame.

Neil Pallante sets the first two Yanks down but then Trevino hits a soft single into center. And Pallante picks Trevino off trying to take liberties towards 2nd base to retire the side.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 87 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years